Tint Scam!!!!!BEWARE

Hi guys/Gals just a heads up that their is a scam running via e-mail here is the e-mail:

Subject: i will like to tint my 2 cars
Date: Mon, Sep 22, 2014 3:35 PM

Hi, i am Steve Kinder, i will like to tint my 2 cars.. Kindly get back to me if you will be available on Wednesday.. Also let me know if you accept credit card as a mode of Payment..

Thanks

Steve

Please beware they will tell you they are on a ship and can't call due to restrictions but that they have just moved to your town and are shipping their vehicles while they at sea.....So they give you credit card details and pay extra for you to move money to a third party courier before the vehicles will arrive at your store....effictively they get you to steal somebodies hard earned and leave you liable....I did not go for this so please be aware  they use correct abn numbers and the courier will call to confirm..  it looks almost legit except for the language in the messages.

Just letting everyone know :cool

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although it may not be directly tint related, here is another scam to watch out for. Here in the last few days I have had some barely english speaking fool call and identify himself as someone from a computer support company. He claims that there is a problem with my computer and asks me to get login to it. Once I hear that crap, I hang up! They tried the same thing about a year ago but said they were with Microsoft. A year ago the calls came from a "private" number, now they actually have a number that shows up on caller ID.

ive been getting those emails too, i replied to one the other day saying sorry we do not accept credit cards but will be happy to take your cash

and the computer scam, i had this cword call me the other day  (5th scam call like this ive had) and he said he is from microsoft and he is calling about a problem i have with windows, i replied with oh really i only have mac's and my phones are apple as well he didn't know what to say  he stuttered then hung up lol

*i don't own any apple products lol

ive been getting those emails too, i replied to one the other day saying sorry we do not accept credit cards but will be happy to take your cash

and the computer scam, i had this cword call me the other day  (5th scam call like this ive had) and he said he is from microsoft and he is calling about a problem i have with windows, i replied with oh really i only have mac's and my phones are apple as well he didn't know what to say  he stuttered then hung up lol

*i don't own any apple products lol

I'll have to use that one if it happens to me again 

There's also the telephone operators for the deaf scam going on hitting tint shops and others...

The customer, most certainly a con artist, was posing as a deaf person, taking advantage of a publicly-funded tool designed to let hearing impaired people use America's phone systems. Hiding behind a so-called "relay operator," a telecommunications employee who acts as a go-between when a deaf person calls a hearing person, the caller tried to use six different stolen credit card numbers to pay for the purchase. And by using the relay system paid for by American consumers, the con artist didn't even have to pay for a pricey international call.

Telephone operators who help the deaf use the Internet to make phone calls say the system is being overrun by con artists trying to cheat American merchants.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/4781806/ns/technology_and_science-security/t/con-artists-target-phone-system-deaf/

Archived