Duraflex

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spoke with Ralph today, have to say he sounded genuinely concernedand is looking into the rolls I purchased and seeing what he can do with it all. Yeah johnsons has treated me good, I might be one of the few but they've got a good record with me. I am interested in looking into solar fx though. I've been a creature of habit but since I found this site and have been reading the past few days solar fx seems to have a good record!

Ralph is a good guy and I am sure he will try to help, but no matter how nice you are or how much knowledge you have, it just doesn't translate into producing a good film.

I used Johnson for over 12 years. Mostly Silhouette and Marathon. I can tell you that thier film from years ago and what you get today is not the same. The quality has fone down. Its not bad but just not as good as it used to be. They changed the adhesive a couple years ago and realized that they screwed up and have changed it again. This ticked me off and was one of the reasons i dropped them for Llumar. They had a good thing going and they decided to change. Probably to save some money. I guarantee they regret it now. Im not the only one to drop them.

I used Johnson for over 12 years. Mostly Silhouette and Marathon. I can tell you that thier film from years ago and what you get today is not the same. The quality has fone down. Its not bad but just not as good as it used to be. They changed the adhesive a couple years ago and realized that they screwed up and have changed it again. This ticked me off and was one of the reasons i dropped them for Llumar. They had a good thing going and they decided to change. Probably to save some money. I guarantee they regret it now. Im not the only one to drop them.

Oh yeah with out a doubt it's not how it was 10 years ago. Back then it was about making a quality product, now it's who can we get to make this for cheaper so we get more money. But again I have to vouch and say it's treated me really well, have I noticed the quality going down? Yes, but I must be getting the "best cuts" or whatever you want to call it cause I've had maybe a hand full in ten years come back, and it's been for a silly dust spec. Just like the guy tonight, I did his Cadillac CTS and 2 tiny dust specs was on the rear passenger side and wanted it redone! So I cleaned for an hour and reinstalled, hopefully he's happy with it, we'll see in a week or so I suppose!!

Well I got the chance today to really ride around in a Ford Edge that I tinted with Teraflex months back. Basically I apologized and willing brought up the subject of redoing the windows with different tint, the view was horrific, you know what the mirror looks like after you get out of the shower? All foggy? Basically the exact same look. Makes me feel horrible that I have many others out there with the same tint on them. I honestly want to go through my book and call everyone in on a redo that I haven't already done. I hate to give a bad review but I definitely don't see flexfilm lasting.

I almost went with Terraflex vs. SolarFX, or did a shared inventory.  Glad I didn't now.  I love the SolarFx line and use that almost exclusively and probably will be exclusively once I run out of the Rayno ceramic I have from what I have heard.  I have the Rayno on my car now and I really like it optically, but that being said, when I just redid my buddies Corolla windows the film came off spotless with some heat.  No glue residue at all.  Not one spec.  I assume this is not a good thing in regards to the film adhesive from what I read.  But definitely a good thing for me redoing....lol.  but I have already talked to Derek about using their Ceramic.

Archived