Electric Window Tint

So I've seen the videos of electric film before on the internet and a few old posts here on tintdude. And today I have a customer inquiring about it. I know nothing about it so I researched it further. Basically I want to talk them out of it lol.

So I'm trying to find out if you can actually put this stuff on rear windows? Or are these only for the sides & sunroof?

Also what are the rough costs on installing this?

I was thinking that it wouldn't do much more than privacy but I was reading the it does block UV, heat, IR, etc.

Anyone have any input on this product?

There's a German company in the works trying to come out with a Switchable window film for automotive but installers would need some kind of 12volt training or background to install. Heard they started out with a 24" roll but obviously it wont work. Havent heard from them ever since. All in all like anything new it will be a few pennies.

Doesnt it need auto electronic work? That means you would have to install it like a film and like an alarm? Tell him there is no warranty, no telling how long it last because its relatively new, and he will be your guinea pig for this installment. Idk, you could probably come with some crazy things without lying to him or you can just tell him that its too much liabilities for you.

So I've seen the videos of electric film before on the internet and a few old posts here on tintdude. And today I have a customer inquiring about it. I know nothing about it so I researched it further. Basically I want to talk them out of it lol.

Anyone have any input on this product?

are you the Rayno dealer in Stockon? Didn't Rayno tell u about their Smartfilm?

Rayno has been promoting their switchable smart film, even in SEMA

http://www.raynofilm.com/smartfilm

Didn't they intro to you?

Archived