Whats your tinting routine?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not sure what others do, only cars i shrink doors on are mustangs which i just snap them. skip that step and practice, focus on 10 min doors, 20 min bg, then your cut and cleanup and you will be well under 2 hours in no time :thumb2

If you pull seals or panels most you don't have to shrink. I think mainly what causes the fingers is the pooling of water at the bottom plus the curve. If the seal is out and you get fingers once you squeegee the water down from the bottom they'll stay down. The most common one this doesn't apply to is the Honda accord rear roll downs. Those little suckers got some mean curve to them. :twocents

38 minutes ago, jh812 said:

If you pull seals or panels most you don't have to shrink. I think mainly what causes the fingers is the pooling of water at the bottom plus the curve. If the seal is out and you get fingers once you squeegee the water down from the bottom they'll stay down. The most common one this doesn't apply to is the Honda accord rear roll downs. Those little suckers got some mean curve to them. :twocents

Hmm interesting.  So far I haven't pulled any panels on anything I've tinted, I just 2 part the install and tuck at the bottom.  So maybe I'll continue to shrink them as long as I'm not pulling seals or panels. 

3 hours ago, egetorp said:

Hmm interesting.  So far I haven't pulled any panels on anything I've tinted, I just 2 part the install and tuck at the bottom.  So maybe I'll continue to shrink them as long as I'm not pulling seals or panels. 

If you're half peeling you'll need to continue shrinking. Just to much risk of getting crap in there imo not to.

i never shrink sides except for oddballs like high roof transit quarters. like jh said, if your not pulling seals, the water is probably pooling up. i was trained to never pull panels or seals. it works for some, doesn't work for me. it's a whole lot faster and cleaner for me to get it out of the way. takes me less than a minute to pull a seal or a panel as opposed to fighting fingers and heating them for 10 min. you just have to find the method that works for you.

3 minutes ago, Angelo said:

i never shrink sides except for oddballs like high roof transit quarters. like jh said, if your not pulling seals, the water is probably pooling up. i was trained to never pull panels or seals. it works for some, doesn't work for me. it's a whole lot faster and cleaner for me to get it out of the way. takes me less than a minute to pull a seal or a panel as opposed to fighting fingers and heating them for 10 min. you just have to find the method that works for you.

Less than a minute to pull a panel? I can do that too. It's putting it back on that gives me grief. 

Archived