Whats your tinting routine?

10 minutes ago, Aesop_Rock said:

Less than a minute to pull a panel? I can do that too. It's putting it back on that gives me grief. 

Just like anything else just takes practice. I know some guys are completely against it which is fine. I just find it easier at the end of the day. 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jh812 said:

Just like anything else just takes practice. I know some guys are completely against it which is fine. I just find it easier at the end of the day. 

I'll pull seal if I can pull the top part of the panel back, other than that it's shrink and tuck.

:facepalm I wish.... :yeah   I like the thought process jh has, i had to adapt recently. Pulling panels and seals is becoming easier, and seals are getting tighter...... was taught to half peel, for the extra time I spend screwing around with film shrinking and tucking. 2 mins pulling a Toyota/Nissan panel more than makes up for it. 

1 hour ago, no ma'am said:

:facepalm I wish.... :yeah   I like the thought process jh has, i had to adapt recently. Pulling panels and seals is becoming easier, and seals are getting tighter...... was taught to half peel, for the extra time I spend screwing around with film shrinking and tucking. 2 mins pulling a Toyota/Nissan panel more than makes up for it. 

How long does it take to do your routine for one window? 2 minutes to pull the panel. 2 minutes to clean. 2 minutes to bomb drop your pattern and line it up and squeegee.  2 minutes to put the panel back on. All of that is one question lol!

1 hour ago, Aesop_Rock said:

How long does it take to do your routine for one window? 2 minutes to pull the panel. 2 minutes to clean. 2 minutes to bomb drop your pattern and line it up and squeegee.  2 minutes to put the panel back on. All of that is one question lol!

bingo!

Anybody who takes 2 minutes to pull a panel hasn't done it enough.... :twocents

Most vehicles these days is only one screw...maybe 2.  doesn't take me 2 minutes to take out a screw.... :dunno

Geez I don't know why this has to be a  argument every freaking time! Takes two minutes to do this, well this way is better :blah who gives a crap how the other guy tints or how long it takes them. I know every possible way to tint a side window including reverse rolling one, yes I said reverse roll. I do what's easiest and cleanest for me and I really couldn't give two shits if it takes me an extra 15 minutes, RANT OVER! 

Archived