People Will Do Anything To Sell Film

11 minutes ago, DynamicATL said:

In the real world, what does it matter?  If the results are good and the dealers are happy, who cares?  You shouldn't since you do not carry the film.  I carry both Llumar and 3M window films.  I can honestly say we are happier with 3M than Llumar.  I can tell you the only issues I have had with film defects (out of the box) have only been with Llumar.  I am not even including the fact that ATC/CTX lines having an issue last year metering well above their rated shades.  For example, CTX 35 normally meters 38/39 out of the box, but was metering 44...we had an ATC 20 metering 29 out of the box when it normally meters 24.    This was a widely known issues that has been corrected.  How about the curling issue they had early last year...even though we did not have an issue, many dealers did and I was even told about the issue from my rep.  Hell, my opening order with Llumar had a defective roll of Dual Reflective film.  My point is that just because you know where the film comes from, doesn't mean chit.

I have the fx and crystalline too. My point was is who cares, but can you tell me who makes it. No is the answer. We have talked openly two years about surrounding shops. You probably will figure out who this is, I am back home here in Atlanta. Pleasure Brother. Thank you

right, metering was an issue as well as curling.

metering I do on all vehicles, curling is an installer heating issue. Crystalline sucks for that but it sells

Edited by drtint
Spelling

Just now, drtint said:

I have the fx and crystalline too. My point was is who cares, but can you tell me who makes it. No is the answer. We have talked openly two years about surrounding shops. You probably will figure out who this is, I am back home here in Atlanta. Pleasure Brother. Thank you

metering I do on all vehicles, curling is an installer heating issue. Crystalline sucks for that but it sells

1 minute ago, drtint said:

metering I do on all vehicles, curling is an installer hearing issue. Crystalline sucks for that but it sells

Do you know how many times I ask myself or pondered on where 3M is made?  Not once, I do not care as long as the film does what it suppose too.  In reality, it does not matter...period.  I am not defending 3M because I am a dealer, I am just arguing the point you made to your customer...which was IMO stupid.

Let's talk an adjacent industry, car audio.  JL Audio and Viper are both considered one of the best brands on the market from both consumers and installers.  Do you know the manufacturer that makes these brands?  I will give you a hint, the manufacturer does not have a JL Audio or Viper sign on the building.  Since it does not, we do not know who makes the product.

Lastly, as I will not respond on this specific subject so we can get back on track, this thread has nothing to do with what you posted.  Read the thread prior to posting unrelated information.

I seem to be getting a lot of flack for this post. Guess we will put it out there. 3m is a household name, everyone knows that. Does anyone know where it’s window film is made?, I know where and how my material is made. I install their product because the company got boned into a contract Ray Charles could have seen through. Keep giving your hard earned to the wind. 

My last question to you is; do you purchase 3m vinyl for a graphic or wrap?, or do you buy Avery, Oracle or vvivid vinyl material? Just curious. 

Dynamic, this didn’t come from you, this was from High Plains. Read through the thread. That is where it all stems from. Not sure how it came down to me and you. Only thing mentioned with you was 3m and my comment. High Plains was instituted in my initial comment and we had concurred. I never meant to cause a confusion because it really doesn’t matter. On a side note, if wanting to be involved you are giving me knowledge, let me know that. As far as JL audio (I am a film guy and do not care) but Viper I have a personal friend that is one of the owners of Directed Electronics Inc. good people. My California friend. DEI 5 and 12 volt products are the best worldwide.

Cheers

From what I understand if you want to talk about anything in a sales manner on wfr you have to pay Rick a couple grand a year to be a associate. Rick wants you to use the promo code so he will get his cut. I really like Rick in person, really good guy to hang out with.....but online he just falls short with his decision making process. 

The old times here remember the TAZR stuff?