Dealer tint comes as free add on???

Guys.   This is standard practice.  Everything y'all are talking about is S.O.P. at every dealership in the nation.  This is how it works and how they make money.  

People want everything package together in one big package with one price on all of it.  This is how the dealers accomplish this and still make money.  It's no big deal.  Just keep doing cars for them and make sure you are making money.  Let them do what they want with it after you are done.  If they up the price and get it, fine.  You aren't going to be able to "get over on them" because they double your price after they get the car from you.  

edit =  Also, make sure you get paid from the dealership.  This is usually the biggest issue. Get a P.O. # and keep on them for a check. :thumb  

Edited by Bham

3 hours ago, smookee408@yahoo.com said:

I tint for a dealership and I can tell you that they charge $900 for a name brand dyed film. I feel for those customers and I always do the best job I can on them. This includes installing felt when necessary. Hey tint jobs come with a loaner vehicle and car wash. 

That’s sad.

11 minutes ago, drtint said:

That’s sad.

Only thing sad about this is the idiots that are selling our trade for less than $300.  If your under that price for a car you should find a different career IMO.

$900 is a bit excessive but it just shows that if you SELL something you can get more! 

7 hours ago, Ryker said:

Only thing sad about this is the idiots that are selling our trade for less than $300.  If your under that price for a car you should find a different career IMO.

$900 is a bit excessive but it just shows that if you SELL something you can get more! 

Down here the $99 full car tint job is still alive and well! I couldn’t even tell you how many places offer that just in my area of the city, and that is retail! Crazy, those prices were too cheap in ‘94.

On a side note, does anyone find it odd that tint job prices are literally the only thing in the world (at least that I can think of) that haven’t increased with normal inflation?  Every little part of the cost of tinting a car has (tripled) since I started, but people still look at me crazy when I quote them $399 for my (non-ceramic) lifetime film.

7 hours ago, Super Dave said:

Down here the $99 full car tint job is still alive and well! 

but people still look at me crazy when I quote them $399 for my (non-ceramic) lifetime film.

The problem is solely on those tint shop owners. They created this problem for everyone else.

17 hours ago, Ryker said:

2 hours ago, Roach said:

The problem is solely on those tint shop owners. They created this problem for everyone else.

Spot on :yeah  The other problem that has been created, in my opinion, is the "lifetime warranty" terminology.  This should have been smashed years ago :sand 

I hate that phrase and do my absolute best not to use.  If someone (a customer) asks if I have a "lifetime warranty" , I tell them that my film will last 8-10 years and I stand behind my work and products.  

9 hours ago, Bham said:

Spot on :yeah  The other problem that has been created, in my opinion, is the "lifetime warranty" terminology.  This should have been smashed years ago :sand 

I hate that phrase and do my absolute best not to use.  If someone (a customer) asks if I have a "lifetime warranty" , I tell them that my film will last 8-10 years and I stand behind my work and products.  

I approach the warranty situation in similar fashion. If they ask I explain that they will cover up to a certain darkness but that I will cover any of my work as long as I am in business within reason.