Last one to post #859

3 minutes ago, highplains said:

:hat

Custy from a month ago isn't happy with their chosen vlt, seems to think that I should eat it. :nope I'll work with you but I'm not gonna just bend over and take it.

What ?  They didn't ask for and then take a piece and hold it up to the car before they chose film.  Cause that works so well to show how it will look on the entire vehicle.  

And I want to watch you eat it.  BTW, What sides would you have with that particular VLT ?  

Just had a customer couple of weeks ago, she did CTX 30 on her front doors and 15 on the rear of your SUV.  She didn't want 15 because of tickets, so she choose 30 since it is barely illegal.  She text back that she wants it darker, but still not a 15.  So we charged her to do a layer of AIR 80 on top of the 30 to drop is a little lower.  Haven't heard anything, so hopefully happy.

Yo is there any way to check to see if the defroster lines are working??

Since it is 90 degrees outside and 75 in the shop, is there any tricks or anything to check them

Can you feel the heat or warmth of them on your hand/finger if they are on?

48 minutes ago, DynamicATL said:

Just had a customer couple of weeks ago, she did CTX 30 on her front doors and 15 on the rear of your SUV.  She didn't want 15 because of tickets, so she choose 30 since it is barely illegal.  She text back that she wants it darker, but still not a 15.  So we charged her to do a layer of AIR 80 on top of the 30 to drop is a little lower.  Haven't heard anything, so hopefully happy.

Similar here, custy picked CS35 which nets the legal limit dead on, not happy with the difference compared to the rears. Thrilled with the quality of the install just not happy with the film. I offered a significant discount but we'll see what happens.

7 minutes ago, 6aeten said:

Since it is 90 degrees outside and 75 in the shop, is there any tricks or anything to check them

You can check continuity of the grid with a multi meter, otherwise fire it up and see if you can either feel a temp difference with your hand or use an IR thermometer to measure it. If you do it in the shop it should be pretty evident if it's working 

5 minutes ago, 6aeten said:

ok cool cus I can feel it but it doesn't really seem that noticeable though.. and only a little tinny bit of one line is missing (not all the way through) 

That line probably isn't going to work but the rest of it should in theory.

2 hours ago, 6aeten said:

If you turn in the defroster, about half way through heating up, spray the outside or inside with a light total coverage mist of water.  This will tell you which lines are working and which ones are not, as the water dries from the heat of the defroster.