which tint to go with?

1 hour ago, Ryker said:

Dude! Talk to the shop that is getting your business!  We can't answer for them.  You've had all this answered and if not then SEARCH the forum! I promise the answer is there.

Yea, I have used the search, most say doesn’t matter with some saying not to do it below freezing temps. I have asked the shop, said it just takes longer to cure. Obviously, he isn’t going to turn me away to make money so researching it as well 

You answered your question by searching.  Is your forecast "freezing"? NO!  Even if it was i bet you park in a garage....

I don't think you are going to be happy with any tint you get.  You're way to worried about EVERYTHING and second guessing everything!

Do us all a favor and either just get the tint and trust the shop or don't.

11 hours ago, Ryker said:

You answered your question by searching.  Is your forecast "freezing"? NO!  Even if it was i bet you park in a garage....

I don't think you are going to be happy with any tint you get.  You're way to worried about EVERYTHING and second guessing everything!

Do us all a favor and either just get the tint and trust the shop or don't.

dude, chill out, you don’t have to read my posts and no I don’t have a garage right now. I’m asking simple questions and yes it is getting below freezing at night and I’m waking up to frost on my windows, forecast has changed some. 

I’m planning on just waiting until spring, I don’t need the tint for winter really and covid is going crazy. 

12 hours ago, Erockmx133 said:

That foo is a dick, shouldn’t be on forums if he’s just going to be acting like that

This is the "thunderdome" and you must not have been around long!

The truth is this golf guy is NOT going to be happy. He is going to think that he didn't get dark enough, the heat rejection isn't what he thought it would be, defroster lines will be sparkling with headlights behind at night, the normal less than perfect tint job will have to many "bubbles" of dust, he'll see the imperfections in his window glass that show up with tint applied!

He will not be happy....so I told the truth.

4 hours ago, Ryker said:

This is the "thunderdome" and you must not have been around long!

The truth is this golf guy is NOT going to be happy. He is going to think that he didn't get dark enough, the heat rejection isn't what he thought it would be, defroster lines will be sparkling with headlights behind at night, the normal less than perfect tint job will have to many "bubbles" of dust, he'll see the imperfections in his window glass that show up with tint applied!

He will not be happy....so I told the truth.

Your nuts man, my car had tint when I bought it and it had a few tiny dust bubbles, I thought it was a fine install. It was 5% tint, 20% front and wasn’t ceramic so I’m changing it out. I didn’t notice any sparkling on my defroster lines with the limo tint on back, in fact it was much better vs. being blinded by cars in my hatchback.

ive also checked out the tint installs on cars at my gym where there are alot of nice cars and they all seemed like pretty good installs to me. 

ive looked up your shop and I wouldn’t do much talking if I were you

Also my neighbor has the same car I’ve got and has 35% tint, I think it’s perfect. I wouldn’t go any darker but that’s my taste. That’s the reason I’ve done my homework, so I don’t regret what I have installed. 

it sounds like you have dealt with a lot of people who don’t figure this stuff out prior to getting tint and just bring it to the shop nearest to them on the corner, then have regrets, which ironically you are accusing me of being the opposite. You should want customers who ask first and research like myself 

The few that are like you and come thinking they have it all figured out are the ones that will find issues that really are not issues.

Overly "educated", internet knowledge, often wrong information, coming in telling us, the professional, what they know are really a joke to us.  

I can tell you that, 22 years of doing this, you are not going to be satisfied!  You have over thought, over researched, and are far too worried about everything and I would lay odds that you will not be happy no matter what!

I'm not sure what you think is wrong about my "shop" but I don't have to defend my business or my reputation.

Rather you want truth or not this is my opinion.  I honestly hope you find the unicorn tint they you are wanting.

20 hours ago, Golf983 said:

Also my neighbor has the same car I’ve got and has 35% tint, I think it’s perfect. I wouldn’t go any darker but that’s my taste. That’s the reason I’ve done my homework, so I don’t regret what I have installed. 

it sounds like you have dealt with a lot of people who don’t figure this stuff out prior to getting tint and just bring it to the shop nearest to them on the corner, then have regrets, which ironically you are accusing me of being the opposite. You should want customers who ask first and research like myself 

Is you neighbors car the exact same? Year, exterior and interior color?  If not then yours will look different. Are you getting the exact tint? If not it will look different.

My customers don't all many questions and when they do they trust me. I have never had someone listen to be and be unhappy.  22 years has given me that insight.  Only ones that have had issue with what they got came in and told me they knew more than me because they had looked up and got info from the internet.  

Overly "educated" with misinformation.  

Look up "the dilemma of choice" and you'll find one of the reasons I saying you won't be happy.....you will always think you could have done something better...

9 minutes ago, Ryker said:

Is you neighbors car the exact same? Year, exterior and interior color?  If not then yours will look different. Are you getting the exact tint? If not it will look different.

My customers don't all many questions and when they do they trust me. I have never had someone listen to be and be unhappy.  22 years has given me that insight.  Only ones that have had issue with what they got came in and told me they knew more than me because they had looked up and got info from the internet.  

Overly "educated" with misinformation.  

Look up "the dilemma of choice" and you'll find one of the reasons I saying you won't be happy.....you will always think you could have done something better...

haha your full of ..., maybe next time I order a car I’ll have the experienced car salesman tell me what color and options I want without looking into it. That way I won’t think I could have got something better. See how ridiculous your reasoning is.

I am also asking tinters their advice and the shop I’m using, not saying I know better.

My neighbors car is the same year, model, trim, and interior. Exterior color is different and tint is different but it gives me a close enough idea. I’m on a forum for my particular car and 35 all around is one of the most popular choices and generally they are satisfied with it.

Really though I don’t have much of a choice, 35 all around is the law in my state so that is what I’m going with. In Chicago, they are ruthless with tint tickets. First offense is like 250, second offense becomes a misdemeanor. I’m not a dumba** 17 year old and just going to throw dark tint on it