XPEL WINDOW TINT shrinking

On 7/22/2023 at 9:33 AM, Dano said:

From source to sale I don't think that is accurate. Component parts come from all over the world in our modern economy. Our EPA will not allow some components to be produced here, or they come at an exorbitant cost making it too prohibitive to be competitive. We can barely make the cardboard that these products are shipped in domesticity. Made in the US often comes with very small print following that says "with globally sourced materials" for a reason.

I appreciate your attempt to refute, and you're entitled to your opinion on products in the marketplace. However your issue is that some producer is "full of themselves".

I've handled miles of each of these films over the years and have had failures from all with the exception of Xpel and Global thus far. It could still happen but hasn't yet. Only time will tell.

Perhaps you were turned down for an area as many have been for some of the other brands you've mentioned. That is a common practice in the market that I understand and don't necessarily agree with but will remain so long as their marketing team and shareholders see fit.

So if you do want to be technical, then yeah, at least the brands I mentioned are "assembled" in the USA, XPEL is neither.  If XPEL hasn't failed on you, its because it hasn't been out long enough to fail.  And yes, I am turned off by the way they do business.  But FYI, I was the one to turn them down.  I was a dealer for about 10 years for PPF, when they came out with window film, tried it, didn't like it whatsoever.  Then they did they're all or nothing campaign, I wasn't gonna jeopardize my reputation using a subpar film at my shop, therefore I turned them down and moved on.

42 minutes ago, Jerry Hernandez said:

So if you do want to be technical, then yeah, at least the brands I mentioned are "assembled" in the USA, XPEL is neither.  If XPEL hasn't failed on you, its because it hasn't been out long enough to fail.  And yes, I am turned off by the way they do business.  But FYI, I was the one to turn them down.  I was a dealer for about 10 years for PPF, when they came out with window film, tried it, didn't like it whatsoever.  Then they did they're all or nothing campaign, I wasn't gonna jeopardize my reputation using a subpar film at my shop, therefore I turned them down and moved on.

Sub par but hasn't failed....thank you for confirming that you it's a personal issue with their marketing and that "Made in the US" is just a gimmick.

Merika...do it my way or I'll make complaints...fukyeah! 🇺🇸

I've personally never heard of Xpel having failures, and I am friends with a couple of shops that use it. I've had several rolls of Llumar come in with weird defects...just had one 3 weeks ago with linear marks. Then there was the 2017 issue, where several shades were 4-5% lighter than normal. So the 35% out of the box would meter 44% instead of the normal 38%. No problem, we made it through those couple of months. Fast forward 5 years, and we've had a few bubbled rear windows all from that batch. Llumar is great about getting everything swapped and covered, but the point is nobody is perfect. I also carry 3M, which I've had zero issues to date. Since Xpel comes from Garware, the same manufacturer as Global, I doubt there will be many issues in the future.

I'm glad @DynamicATL reminded everybody that Xpel is Garware.... aka Global.  Garware makes a SOLID product and Xpel is NOT stupid.  They hit the PPF market hard, with a solid product.  Why would they not do their research once again when getting into the film market. They went with what is known to be a solid manufacturer, picked the colors they wanted and started selling window tint.  I would have to agree that IF there are any failures in Xpel film it will not actually be the films fault.  I still have yet to have any type of Global failure that was actually film or adhesive failure.

edited to add that there is not a film out there that " likes " dot matrix. So that doesn't count. :heh  

Edited by Bham

5 hours ago, Dano said:

Sub par but hasn't failed....thank you for confirming that you it's a personal issue with their marketing and that "Made in the US" is just a gimmick.

Merika...do it my way or I'll make complaints...fukyeah! 🇺🇸

Like I said, it hasn't been out long enough. Even the cheapest film out last as long as they have had film on the market. Like I said as well, I wasn't going with inferior material in my shop. AND the guy that did go with XPEL locally, already dumped them after only 2 years or so. 

With your remarks, it makes me think that your a particular XPEL rep that was constantly on this forum but you're incognito. 

8 hours ago, Jerry Hernandez said:

With your remarks, it makes me think that your a particular XPEL rep that was constantly on this forum but you're incognito. 

Read my bio...28yrs of installing tint/wrap/ppf. Also execute my own designs. Former retail shop owner (multiple concurrent) for the first 15yrs. Wholesale dealership fulfilment to the tune of nearly 10k individual installations.

I've used nearly every product that sticks to cars extensively and can recognize a personal complaint masquerading as a product issue everytime.

The only subpar issue I see here is your lack of critical thinking because your feelings are hurt by the mean ol film company doesn't need your input or sales to operate in place of their board members.