Tesla side door’s cracking

EZreach

Thats true, every car maker has its issues, but that Fix or repair is complete BS, unless you’ve witnessed it first hand. I personally seen tons of trouble with other peoples Chevys. What ive seen with Tesla I would never buy one. My Fords rungreat. Got an 88 Mustang with 400k plus on original motor with no compression loss. Also got a 2008 Fusion 160k runs perfect. Also, just got a 22 Explorer last year. 

I've never owned a Ford but known several people with issues across different models. My American vehicle ownership is limited to my first truck which was a custom 1985 Chevy S10.

I think the longest I've kept a car is 4-5 years. My current AMG took me over 2 years to find since it is somewhat rare. I absolutely love the car but coming up on the 2 year mark and getting itchy.

My friend had the same year S10. I would keep the AMG maybe since its rare. There really are a lot of variables for reliability. First its where it was assembled, then how its driven & maintained. I wonder if someone out there has a reliable Pontiac Aztec, like the guy in Breaking Bad?? I knew a guy years ago that had one sitting in his drive way broken down, all beat up missing a headlight. Yeah, he was was wacked out on drugs. 

So check it out, we too tint a lot Tesla's, this week I think we will work on at least 35 of them. 

We had a TMY front door crack on us Wednesday. 

it's been a minute since we have seen a crack but we have seen this before. Nothing like the problem we had with the rear windows on the TM3's back in 2017 and 2018 but from time to time we do see bad glass. 

I think it's safe to say and I believe most people that work on a lot of Tesla's will agree that the quality has gotten a lot better compared to a few years ago but I personally feel that it's important that we all pay attention because were the type of shop that takes responsibility when there's a problem and what that really means is that we write a check.

In this particular situation I feel that we probably could've avoided the glass cracking if we would've noticed how thin the inside layer of the laminated window actually was. When you compare the thickness of the inside layer of glass on this particular window compared to all the other Tesla's we had on the property at the time and also comparing it to the glass we use to replace the cracked window this happened because of the manufacturing process. This window should never have been installed on the car. If you look at the picture carefully you will see that the inside pane of glass is almost paper thin compared to all the other windows. 

Heads up everybody and happy Fourth of July!! 

70974678130__D3916146-DD03-4AB1-938E-D462B0FC32F8.jpeg

Their quality did improve but they still have intentional low standards set for quality. That was Musk Idea, put nothing into, but inflate the price. Tesla will be nothing but a memory in next few years. Porsche, Merc, BMW one uped Tesla big time. Thats why Tesla dropped the price..to liquidate theit shitty cars. Last few I did were all beat up. One was for a teenager. Again, its a car for show off wannabes.