Film not sticking to back glass

Ok, I've been having this issue for a couple weeks now. It seems to

only happen on new Honda accords on the back glass. I tint the back

and it looks fine then I let it sit for a while then it starts peeling off the glass.

It happens sometimes on the bottom, top, and corners. I use tint slime and clean with white pad.

It's been driving me crazy since I do about 5-6 accords a week.

Has anybody come across this before?

Thanks!post-35028-0-80632200-1422499310_thumb.jpgpost-35028-0-84196000-1422499892_thumb.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is strange and will be interesting if you figure it out for sure. But I'm gonna guess and say it looks like it has been over-shrunk :dunno But if it's only happening on Accords then I would think back to whether they are all coming from the same place. It could be something the detail shop is using.

In the first picture it looks like you are shrinking the film too close to the edge. The second picture looks like the film is over-shrunk. Did you change your technique in dry shrinking the film within the last couple of weeks? 

try and get some adhesion promoter and use on the dot edges.  One I use is "Pro-bond" and I buy mine from Fellers supply.  It helps with the edges a bunch.

If you are only having this issue with the Accord then it is likely the over shrinking issue others have said.  Make sure the film is evenly shrank when you do it.  Puckers, fingers, peanuts, and other "problems" come mostly from the way you shrink the film.

It's your windoow prep. Take a cloths and run it along the bottom and sides of the window crevices. you will get a bunch of black gunk on it. keep wiping until you no longer get any dirt on the towel. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say most of these problems are coming with honda civics? Those are the ones that allllways have that dirt build up. It's just science, film will not stick to dirty glass properly, causing that peeling up in some area's where it cannot bond properly to the glass

Archived