Sun Gard?

Guest ConsumerZero

Guest youngazntinter

man,, reading these posts just kills me~~~ but I do agree with most of those people!~~ if you don't like or

if you have guts to say what product/company is crap, than back it up with the facts that we could all understand...

I've got a sample roll from sungard, shadow, it actually wasn't such a bad film. ive seen bad films from llumar, 3m, solargard, suntek, and even my

supplier. noone's perfect, and why not chill out and give them a try...

I would try sungard. if the price is ok.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sdijan
If you value your money, time and reputation - STAY AWAY from them. I know best - I was their EXCLUSIVE DISTRIBUTOR for 10 years... I can tell you stories that no other man can... you can always contact me for more info - and references of their shady business practice are available

Stay Away!

If you were to read the thread, he is a CONSUMER, not a TINTER. He doesn't have a reputation to worry about.

If their films are so bad, why don't you post some examples here?

It is amazing to see how you know my reputation... Examples??? I'll give you some right here.

What I was referring to in my post is my experience with film and with the way "old" SunGard worked. If you just plan to use their products then fine, do what ever you feel suits you, but if you plan to promote their brand, be aware.

I started selling SunGard films into my assign European territory (whole Eastern Europe) as their Exclusive more then 10 years ago at time, when no one knew what SunGard brand is in "my" territory. At that time, I travelled on average 8 times per year, every year to Europe from US, setting up seminars, meetings and training sessions. I grew Purchases from SunGard from 90K to 2 Mil. in 5 years time. In 2004 I purchased 4.6 Mil. from SunGard. All this time, I had no secrets from SunGard in regards to my clients in Europe as I had solid contract with them and at that time, people managing FTI were people with integrity and honor (Wheeler, Miro and Michaud). I have brought many of my customers to SunGard to visit the factory, hiding nothing from them.

I and my partners in Europe put single-handedly SunGard on the map of Eastern Europe and for many years, SuNGard has enjoyed one of the largest sales there and one of the best reputation. After the collapse of SunGard early last year I have stayed put hoping that the situation will somehow pan-out for me and my partners where we can still continue what we have dedicated huge part of our lives to - selling, promoting and fighting daily for SunGard brand. When I heard that Andrew Kwan from Singapore is buying the factory, I have asked the "old" FTI and "new" Solametrix president if he sees future for us again. I have received memo at that time through another source close to the new owner that they do not see place for us in the new company "...as the targeted market for the new company will be concentrated in higher margin territory, then what my territory could offer..." I have tried several times again to get my market back... after all, SunGard was all that I knew at that time. I have been always loyal to SunGard and I have never stop growth of the purchases year after year.

Now, you know what happened next? The same people that I have worked with for so many years and that came back to the "new" SunGard turned around and got all my clients that I have previously introduced to SunGard, now serving the same territory, same clients and yes, in the same low margin territory that they "had no interest" in serving. After I done all the work for more then 10 years, my dear friends that I (stupid) trusted so blindly went right behind my back and took every one that I have developed in past years. Most clients I had to bankroll for few years until they gain some strength on their own.

SunGard's explanation was that I have signed contract with another manufacturer... This would be all good with the minor exception. I have actually sign this contract months after they already started business with my old clients. That is a "minor" glitch that seemed at that time to escape to SunGard management.

So, again, if you want to work with SunGard, do so, but putting any money and effort to promoting them, can pay vicious dividend to you in the future. Someone told me long time ago, that this Window Film industry is full of hizzos and that you cannot trust anybody. I have blindly trusted people that I have in some cases worked and knew very personally for many years, yet as you can see from my example, honor, decency, loyalty, ethics and basic human trust have no place in SunGard over few dollars extra in profit. It is my personal opinion that you can find better product as theirs might be "new" but still greatly unproven. Product is just a one part of business, business conduct another. As you all can see, from the perspective of the ethics, you can certainly find much safer company to work with that will not rip the chair under you after you do the leg work.

So my dear "scottydosnntkno" when you lose your livelihood from one day to another like me for nothing but a greed, you tend to wonder how someone like you can write that "I don't have a reputation to worry about". Are we clear???

Guest sdijan
If you value your money, time and reputation - STAY AWAY from them. I know best - I was their EXCLUSIVE DISTRIBUTOR for 10 years... I can tell you stories that no other man can... you can always contact me for more info - and references of their shady business practice are available

Stay Away!

How does that apply if there is new ownership????

The New ownership sits in Singapore (Andrew Kwan) not in Florida.

Solametrix's President along with 90% of all the other people there are the very same people that have worked for the old failed FTI at one time or another. New owner overseas, but same people in Florida :beer .

Guest scottydosnntkno

Stay Away!

If you were to read the thread, he is a CONSUMER, not a TINTER. He doesn't have a reputation to worry about.

It is amazing to see how you know my reputation... Examples??? I'll give you some right here.

What I was referring to in my post is my experience with film and with the way "old" SunGard worked. If you just plan to use their products then fine, do what ever you feel suits you, but if you plan to promote their brand, be aware.

I started selling SunGard films into my assign European territory (whole Eastern Europe) as their Exclusive more then 10 years ago at time, when no one knew what SunGard brand is in "my" territory. At that time, I travelled on average 8 times per year, every year to Europe from US, setting up seminars, meetings and training sessions. I grew Purchases from SunGard from 90K to 2 Mil. in 5 years time. In 2004 I purchased 4.6 Mil. from SunGard. All this time, I had no secrets from SunGard in regards to my clients in Europe as I had solid contract with them and at that time, people managing FTI were people with integrity and honor (Wheeler, Miro and Michaud). I have brought many of my customers to SunGard to visit the factory, hiding nothing from them.

I and my partners in Europe put single-handedly SunGard on the map of Eastern Europe and for many years, SuNGard has enjoyed one of the largest sales there and one of the best reputation. After the collapse of SunGard early last year I have stayed put hoping that the situation will somehow pan-out for me and my partners where we can still continue what we have dedicated huge part of our lives to - selling, promoting and fighting daily for SunGard brand. When I heard that Andrew Kwan from Singapore is buying the factory, I have asked the "old" FTI and "new" Solametrix president if he sees future for us again. I have received memo at that time through another source close to the new owner that they do not see place for us in the new company "...as the targeted market for the new company will be concentrated in higher margin territory, then what my territory could offer..." I have tried several times again to get my market back... after all, SunGard was all that I knew at that time. I have been always loyal to SunGard and I have never stop growth of the purchases year after year.

Now, you know what happened next? The same people that I have worked with for so many years and that came back to the "new" SunGard turned around and got all my clients that I have previously introduced to SunGard, now serving the same territory, same clients and yes, in the same low margin territory that they "had no interest" in serving. After I done all the work for more then 10 years, my dear friends that I (stupid) trusted so blindly went right behind my back and took every one that I have developed in past years. Most clients I had to bankroll for few years until they gain some strength on their own.

SunGard's explanation was that I have signed contract with another manufacturer... This would be all good with the minor exception. I have actually sign this contract months after they already started business with my old clients. That is a "minor" glitch that seemed at that time to escape to SunGard management.

So, again, if you want to work with SunGard, do so, but putting any money and effort to promoting them, can pay vicious dividend to you in the future. Someone told me long time ago, that this Window Film industry is full of hizzos and that you cannot trust anybody. I have blindly trusted people that I have in some cases worked and knew very personally for many years, yet as you can see from my example, honor, decency, loyalty, ethics and basic human trust have no place in SunGard over few dollars extra in profit. It is my personal opinion that you can find better product as theirs might be "new" but still greatly unproven. Product is just a one part of business, business conduct another. As you all can see, from the perspective of the ethics, you can certainly find much safer company to work with that will not rip the chair under you after you do the leg work.

So my dear "scottydosnntkno" when you lose your livelihood from one day to another like me for nothing but a greed, you tend to wonder how someone like you can write that "I don't have a reputation to worry about". Are we clear???

You obviously misinterpreted my post. I was talking about the Thread Starter and the reputation. He is simply a customer asking an opinion on whether to go to a shop that use SunGard to have his car tinted. Does he care about the company? No. Does he care about the distributors? No. Does he care about the reputation of the company? No. All he cares about is the quality of their product. Most people will agree that SunGard makes good products, yourself included, since you sold it for 10 years.

While I understand where you are coming from with your views, at the same time, this thread is about the quality of their PRODUCT. NOT their distributor system. As a professional tinter, do I care about their corporate staff? No. All I care about is that when I call and order film, I get the good quality film I ordered. Personally, SunGard was obviously doing something wrong to go bankrupt. Yes, you may have been their distributor, but once Solamatrix bought them, they have no loyalty to you to keep you on board with them. They obviously run a better company that SunGard, since they bought them after all. Apparently their current supplier system works for them, so why have two suppliers in the same territory? Its just good business sense to eliminate the unneeded people that will just cost them more money.

Guest sdijan

Stay Away!

You obviously misinterpreted my post. I was talking about the Thread Starter and the reputation. He is simply a customer asking an opinion on whether to go to a shop that use SunGard to have his car tinted. Does he care about the company? No. Does he care about the distributors? No. Does he care about the reputation of the company? No. All he cares about is the quality of their product. Most people will agree that SunGard makes good products, yourself included, since you sold it for 10 years.

While I understand where you are coming from with your views, at the same time, this thread is about the quality of their PRODUCT. NOT their distributor system. As a professional tinter, do I care about their corporate staff? No. All I care about is that when I call and order film, I get the good quality film I ordered. Personally, SunGard was obviously doing something wrong to go bankrupt. Yes, you may have been their distributor, but once Solamatrix bought them, they have no loyalty to you to keep you on board with them. They obviously run a better company that SunGard, since they bought them after all. Apparently their current supplier system works for them, so why have two suppliers in the same territory? Its just good business sense to eliminate the unneeded people that will just cost them more money.

All right then, thanks for the update. I do have to also say that there were many clients that got burned by their LifeTime Diamond Warranty... while ownership changed hands, but the same people stayed with the same Brand Name everyone that paid extra for their Supper-Dupper Life-Time Diamond is now stuck with no replacement... And I need to mention that people installing lots of cars have a lots of warranty issues with the Diamond line they had... Just ask "flatrockstan" who still pays out of his pocket today for the crap he has to replace. And he gets on average 3 claims with Diamond every week... Sure, "technically" it is not FTI anymore it is Solamatrix, (same people same brand) but then again, playing with little words have alway special place in this great country... "I did not have a s*x with that women", "Yes, we can"!!!!! Out

Guest tintgod
you have nothing to say that is valuable...

:lol2 And how many threads around here have you added value too? :beer

why dont you go back to you huper theads and bashing 3m threads. :lol2

dude your in michigan, any film will last a lifetime up there.

come on now. the problems are happening in the sun belt states, where its hotter.

r u clueless?

stay up there and don't visit disneyland.

Not every film will last a lifetime in Michigan, I live over 500mi north east from there and there is all kinds of film failure here. :beer

Guest vclimber
you have nothing to say that is valuable...

:spit And how many threads around here have you added value too? :spit

why dont you go back to you huper theads and bashing 3m threads. :spit

:rollin I remember when SunTek was your favorite film to defend? Now it's the new girl eh?

Archived