Express Window Films - ceramic line

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
QUOTE (EWF @ Jul 16 2009, 04:55 PM) [*]703432If I may . . .

Stan is not only my esteemed colleague, he is without question the premier window film installation educator in the USA and quite possibly the world. We are honored to serve an account of his caliber. Should he ever visit Placentia, Sergio will roll out a red carpet and show Stan the respect he deserves. His sword shall remain sheathed.

Stan is also a handsome devil and a perfect gentleman at all times.

-hp

OK...now this is getting a little weird here. :beer

:lol2:beer:spit

Guest mr3y1956
If I may . . .

Stan is not only my esteemed colleague, he is without question the premier window film installation educator in the USA and quite possibly the world. We are honored to serve an account of his caliber. Should he ever visit Placentia, Sergio will roll out a red carpet and show Stan the respect he deserves. His sword shall remain sheathed.

Stan is also a handsome devil and a perfect gentleman at all times.

-hp

I have to agree, Stan was the first window tinter that I ever met. 30 some years ago.

A true friend, and Brother, but he is gettin' a little long in the tooth!! :spit

Since Stan is so popular and well respected, I guess this makes me the bad guy. I didn't know that his fan club was so extensive.

I apologize flat rock stan, if my remarks offended you, please forgive my lack of respect toward such an esteemed handsome gentlemen such as yourself. I guess I'll be buying my films from Concord Window Films. I hear they have some really nice films.

Guest Pacific Islander

Hafa adai all

what a post! But could we go back to the beginning...how does it shrink? Handle, etc...

By the way...I will soon begin "reboxing" Howards films, one brand to begin with and hopefully more. I've tried this to do this with others but Howard seems to be the most cooperative. I guess my money is not good enough for the others. I'm not wanting to "start" anything as it's all about price, warranty and marketing. Enough said.

Hafa Adai, PI,

Thanks for the kind words. I think the primary difference is that we have been doing this for so long (supporting private labels). I was surprised to finally read an article about this last month in WF magazine. More and more tinters are starting to realize that selling themselves can be just as (if not more) important than a brand name.

The other aspect is selection. Our catalog currently has 112 different films to choose from. Whatever you are looking for, we will have that product construction type. Everything from single ply color adhesive films all the way up to 72" sputtered, color stable and ceramics.

We recently added the equipment, capacity and staff to custom decorate your boxes with your own artwork, graphics, logos, etc.

Thanks PI,

-Howard

Guest thatsnappyguy

Howard, just got back from a bid for labor only. The customer bought a 60" roll of the ceramic pearl and want me to install it. Small world. They told me over the phone that they purchased it on the internet, so naturally I was thinking about ebay tint, but come to find out, its good stuff. They did one window themselves and you can imagine what the outcome was like. They had someone go out there originally and they thought the price was too high, so they got the film from you. I gave them the price on install only, and I'm sure the price is right around the same as the first company that went there that quoted for product and installation.

Howard, just got back from a bid for labor only. The customer bought a 60" roll of the ceramic pearl and want me to install it. Small world. They told me over the phone that they purchased it on the internet, so naturally I was thinking about ebay tint, but come to find out, its good stuff. They did one window themselves and you can imagine what the outcome was like. They had someone go out there originally and they thought the price was too high, so they got the film from you. I gave them the price on install only, and I'm sure the price is right around the same as the first company that went there that quoted for product and installation.

This can be a problem with open ecommerce window film supply models. How do you prevent direct sales to retail customers? What checks and balances are in place to keep this from happening to window film professionals more often in the future?

This can be a problem with open ecommerce window film supply models. How do you prevent direct sales to retail customers? What checks and balances are in place to keep this from happening to window film professionals more often in the future?

Rob, I think that no matter how hard anyone tries, the ecommerce world is going to eventually weed out all the middlemen in the world of retail. I have a few contractors that I do storefronts for and THEY supply the film. What this does is insure that the film mfr that has specked the film is guaranteed that is what is bought and installed ( little opportunity to provide a equal) and does not provide a opportunity for dealers to profit on the complete project, but just on labor. It is only going to become more and more common in the years to come so installers better be ready for it.

Archived