Express Window Films - ceramic line

So, has there been a simple explanation in the difference of pearl vs charcoal? like with glare differences and handling and such or slight color differences? Simply asking because I have a tight budget and would like to try the ceramics. Thanks in advance for responses!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, has there been a simple explanation in the difference of pearl vs charcoal? like with glare differences and handling and such or slight color differences? Simply asking because I have a tight budget and would like to try the ceramics. Thanks in advance for responses!

I havent used Pear ceramic yet! But QDP ceramic is super easy to shrink , and it is easy to work with . you gonna need to change blades often due to its thickness and set the heat gun temperature at max . film can take some heat! Up sell and make sure let he customers know the specs of film. Good luck. !

Time to shake the slip again. Pearl Ceramic Auto (VLT 70/50/35/20/05) was replaced with Classic Ceramic (VLT 42/32/18/04). I am wondering how Classic Ceramic shrinks, installs, and looks compared to Pearl Ceramic Auto. Anyone have input or feedback?

Thanks!

QDP Ceramic is much easier to work with in my opinion... the express ceramic was a handful. The color is much more consistent on the QDP, the express seemed cloudy and uneven to me... like the true black.

Now that the new film is out, its gaining traction out our way. Looks great and performs really well.

Wow...

This thread started 4 years ago.  Yes - as several have pointed out, the line has changed significantly since then.

The Ceramic QDP (Classic Ceramic) was not available when this thread was started.  EWF's Ceramics were originally restricted to Chip Extruded base films.  Since that time, Garware (Global) has commenced production of QDP-C, in the following VLTs:  04/18/32/42.

The Automotive Pearl Ceramics will remain in the catalog and are still very popular.  But they are indeed different, as many pointed out. 

-Howard

Hi Dev,

Express Films  d.b.a. Global Northeast / Global West is Global's largest and longest operating distribution operation here in the USA.  In addition, we do collaborate with Garware (makers of Global) on a significant portion of the Express Private label catalog.

In addition to Garware, we work with several USA based companies for raw material, coating, metalizing and finished goods.

In answer to your question - no, the majority of the films going down under are not part of Global's or EWF's domestic USA catalog.  They are unique to your market per Alex's requirements are are not offered elsewhere, which I believe I did mention in my post(s) on that thread.

Thanks,

-Howard

Ok I read that H but it stills doesn't say to me whose film it is coming here?

If this is proprietary info then we'll move on.

Cheers Dev.

The answer Rob is simply this - it is "UltraGard" film coming here;

By design and by specification, right down to the "nuts & bolts"...  :D

Ok I read that H but it stills doesn't say to me whose film it is coming here?If this is proprietary info then we'll move on.Cheers Dev.

Dev, just thought I'd chime in, SolarGard NightScene is a classic example of the same thing, this film is not in the US catalogue yet it appears here in Aus for our market. It wouldn't be very suitable for the US market with their DP glass but is spec'd by SG Aus for our market.

Bottom line as far as I'm concerned, it is sold to me by SG Aus, so it's a SolarGard film. I don't really care who coated it, who provided the liner, adhesive etc.

If I don't like the product and/or feel comfortable with the supplier, then I won't buy the product.

Oh, and if the supplier ever burns me, I will be living up to your namesake believe me

Archived