Express Window Films - ceramic line

Sorry guys. Prior to my recent inquiry, I saw posts mentioning Charcoal and QDP but had no idea that this was also known as Classic Ceramic. Perhaps I have been out of the loop too long (or during the developments)... anyway, thanks for the clarification Howard.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi MT1,

Yep.  We did hear similar reports from several other customers.  If you have to retint any vehicles, please save any and all removed film.  I will get you taken care of on that.

Prior to Global (Garware) producing the QDP Ceramic (EWF Classic Ceramic) we did not have the option for a dyed base film in that construction.  The only options available to us were to use colored laminating adhesive, a chip-dyed extruded film, or a hybrid of both.  The film has good performance data, the pricing was very good and the film does OK in terms of holding its VLT.  But there were reports of a color shift and because you are in Florida, it just exacerbates up the process.

As soon as we started to receive the first pallets of the QDP Ceramic, that became the primary focus of our Automotive Ceramic line.  Still, our business in the older version remains steady.  For reasons which are understood best by them, we have customers that prefer it, which is why it remains in our catalog. The QDP Ceramic is made with the same dyed base film as the QDP - which is as color stable as it gets. 

Regards,

Howard

Zero issues with Global QDP, and I live in the hot part of Cali. My moms car was the first car that I tinted with QDP and then my Truck, both vehicles stay out all the time, and it looks the same as almost four years ago. Now I'm installing QDP Ceramic, and I love everything about it.  :)

Archived