My fellow mmm haters

They don't laugh and most of them don't read Tintdude! Their loss.

Actually I think that you would be surprised.

Perhaps but I was there for 33 years, was National Sales Manager and I read Tintdude. I wasn't guessing.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber
I thought only the best of the best were allowed to use mmm dunno.gif And as I always like to point out they don't even make their own film lol2.gif Saw master rolls marked mmm at Solar Gard plant in California a few years ago even when they tried to hide it so why not just by from the peeps making it Flaugh.gif

guess you could call me a hater lol2.gif

They key comment in your statement is " a few years ago." That is not the case anymore.

Besides who cares? Read some of Leo's posts, they all buy from each other.

I have also toured Bekaert's plant and I saw MMM boxes, along with a production board detailing the upcoming runs for Huper. In their shipping and receiving area there were huge pallets of boxes and crates of raw material stamped with Solutia and MMM on the side of them.

So does that mean I could tell my customer that CP or MMM has a hand in making Solargard? That somewhere along the line there are CP and MMM components in the film?

Sure you can spin whatever kind of tale you want to, but ultimately I prefer to take the time to educate the customer, listening to them on what they want and don't want in a film, and then helping them make the correct decision.

Give them reasons why they should chose you and your product, instead of reasons why not to chose the other guy.

A lot of well-known brand films get "converted" by BSF. 10,000 ft roll add adhesive and SR coat... cut it to 100's box it and send it off. Dealers aren't the only ones these guys take orders for...

Perhaps but I was there for 33 years, was National Sales Manager and I read Tintdude. I wasn't guessing.

Rookie :twocents

Guest mikeMN

National Sales Manager then?

Guest Readyman
QUOTE (Readyman @ Aug 21 2009, 05:21 PM) [*]712058

Well... obviously I am not privy to how all 3M employees spend there time, nor can I speak with authority on their web viewing habits.

If you go back to my original comment, it was in response to a question posed as to whether or not anyone at 3M visits Tintdude.

I can tell you that I have sat at a table with Terry and Al and we have discussed this site and they both found great humor in the anti 3M posts.

Now that being said you have to ask yourself so what?

I am not trying to pick a fight, just wanted to answer the question.

they should be laughing at themselves for not being able to make a film that will not turn purple so fast. idiots.

they laugh at they're dealers who buy they're shiatty film who cant sell film unless they're using "brand" name film.

Guest willie

Helluva guy, but no longer with 3m :beer

Helluva guy, but no longer with 3m :lol

Thankfully.

I could write a book ? . . . or a blog? (OUCH!) :beer

http://www.advancedfilmfl.net

Helluva guy, but no longer with 3m :lol

Thankfully.

I could write a book ? . . . or a blog? (OUCH!) :beer

http://www.advancedfilmfl.net

Nice blog. You clearly know your stuff. Just about everyone worth their salt in the industry knows the inferiority of mmm,( weather they admit it or not is another story ) Now getting Joe public to realize it is the challenge. Most mmm dealers need to rely on the " Sell the sizzle " mentality as they can not actually beat other mannys based on true performance data

they should be laughing at themselves for not being able to make a film that will not turn purple so fast. idiots.

they laugh at they're dealers who buy they're shiatty film who cant sell film unless they're using "brand" name film.

you're speaking about dealers you've never met outside of your own territory so who are you to judge how well they sell? and for the record, you use some johnsons right? ive seen PLENTY of that shiat looking like shiat. whatever

good luck selling your stereos LOL

Archived