My fellow mmm haters

you said it yourself, that they intitially perk up about 3M, keep the ball rollin. why confuse them, you can make more money. oh wait youre not in it for the money. now the comparison about huper is obvious, but the price differance is huge. yes you can sell the job to a maybe rich place, but then you can show them prestige. that big of a job would be easier to sell in 3M cuz they trust the brand. but if they dont wanna spend that much they can get the 3M NV for a small portion more than conventional residential films.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because it wont last. It has nothing to do with Huper being better for a rich person. If someone wanted quality, they would choose accordingly. Im just using Huper as an example. Im sure if 3M started stamping 3M on the butt of diapers, Pampers would go out of business.....uh huh.

My profit margin would be the same as it would be if I sold 3M initially...until I started getting warranty calls.

Guest mikeMN
Because it wont last. It has nothing to do with Huper being better for a rich person. If someone wanted quality, they would choose accordingly. Im just using Huper as an example. Im sure if 3M started stamping 3M on the butt of diapers, Pampers would go out of business.....uh huh.

My profit margin would be the same as it would be if I sold 3M initially...until I started getting warranty calls.

3M Personal Care is committed to providing high-quality components and reliable services to manufacturers of infant diapers, adult incontinence products, feminine hygiene products, and beauty care products. Our Time/Temperature Monitoring products provide transportation and storage information for health care applications. Our solutions include:

Fastening Systems, Elastic Stretch Systems, Cosmetic Solutions, Service and Support.

:twocents:twocents:gasp

Im impressed with all the healthy banter. We got some smart tints out there. One of the biggest challenges when selling our craft, is overcoming preconcieved notions about" that stuff that turns purple" Your avrage Joe or Mary custy will naturally gravitate toward a comfort name when looking at any unfamillar product. Lets say something like window film.Hence the mmm brand, and trust me MMM knows this. They know they dont NEED to be the best,they do NEED to be the first name 95% of people (not in the business) think of when they are searching for service. That said, they spend waaaaay more than every other manny out there to promote the brand. IE the extra cost delivered to the dealer to purchase product. Now does this make it a superior product? Umm ..No. None of this is news to anyone in the business,however to go deep into this topic with custy is just not going to fly. What should be expressed in the sales pitch is that the product you rep is the best period. And get paid for it...get paid well. If you are the most expensive ..justify it. At that point, if custy still wants to go w/MMM than sell them that. You could sell them that at a lower cost and still make good dough. But cycologically custy is going to know that they got a inferior product, and thats going to eat at them for not going with your "superior" product for just a few bucks more. NOTE to TD. I hope this was acceptable (not giving prices and all)

sorry for typos

I can only speak of my own experiences. I work at a company that's been exclusively 3m since the mid 80s. we're a flatglass company and do a healthy amount of work. I'm not seeing failures like other people are saying. not seeing wtty work coming back. just my experience.

Guest Readyman
I thought only the best of the best were allowed to use mmm dunno.gif And as I always like to point out they don't even make their own film lol2.gif Saw master rolls marked mmm at Solar Gard plant in California a few years ago even when they tried to hide it so why not just by from the peeps making it Flaugh.gif

guess you could call me a hater lol2.gif

They key comment in your statement is " a few years ago." That is not the case anymore.

Besides who cares? Read some of Leo's posts, they all buy from each other.

I have also toured Bekaert's plant and I saw MMM boxes, along with a production board detailing the upcoming runs for Huper. In their shipping and receiving area there were huge pallets of boxes and crates of raw material stamped with Solutia and MMM on the side of them.

So does that mean I could tell my customer that CP or MMM has a hand in making Solargard? That somewhere along the line there are CP and MMM components in the film?

Sure you can spin whatever kind of tale you want to, but ultimately I prefer to take the time to educate the customer, listening to them on what they want and don't want in a film, and then helping them make the correct decision.

Give them reasons why they should chose you and your product, instead of reasons why not to chose the other guy.

Archived