58 members have voted

1. 1.

• precisioncut
    • computer cut
    • Tint/tek 20/20
    • film designs
    • firstcut
    • other

my postings are in no way aimed at film designs. they are aimed at every cutting software. I don't want to have to call tech support and I don't want to have to change patterns. is that too much to ask? spit.gif

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blade are you saying all the Precision cut patters are accurate ? Like I said I have used a few programs and film designs has the most accurate patterns I've used and if their not to my liking I simply fix a dip or add 1/16" forward it over and mulah its in there for next time. My thoughts are eventually I will have a perfect program !

Blade are you saying all the Precision cut patters are accurate ? Like I said I have used a few programs and film designs has the most accurate patterns I've used and if their not to my liking I simply fix a dip or add 1/16" forward it over and mulah its in there for next time. My thoughts are eventually I will have a perfect program !

nope I'm not saying that at all. they are very accurate though. if I come across something that doesn't fit to my liking I don't fix it and send it in though. I just hand cut it and be done with it. all glass is different. so IMO fixing the pattern for that one particular vehicle means that the pattern still isn't guaranteed to fit on the next one. :lol usually if a pattern isn't fitting properly it's just the top edge and I slide the pattern up, run my blade across it, slide it down to micro-edge and I'm good. :lol

I'm sure every program has its good points and bad points. I don't believe I've found a pattern that I just could not work with in filmdesigns, mainly because the guys there understand that a bad pattern is like throwing money in the trash. I do have some patterns I have adjusted and saved...mainly visor strips adjusted to fit the AS1 or shortened to meet Texas law. I can't comment on any other programs because I've only used TTek(2 years) and filmdesigns(4-5years). I do know that Brett Wassell has and is on top of his patterns and wants as perfect a fit as possible. I have to appreciate that fact because its my customers that get the end result. So for me and my business filmdesigns is the perfect cutting program.Mr.P...if you want-plan a day and roll up 59 to my place and I'll show you first hand how it works for me. :spit

Guest willie

TD or Blade I know the no price rule but can we post monthly prices for use of each of the programs for comparison to help Mr P out? I also would like to see the breakdown. :spit

TD or Blade I know the no price rule but can we post monthly prices for use of each of the programs for comparison to help Mr P out? I also would like to see the breakdown. :spit

I don't see a problem with that. The price rule is pretty much for tint jobs, square footage and roll prices, since they vary so much and custies don't need to know our material cost. I don't see how cutting charges could vary or how they would concern customers, so no problem here unless the software people have an issue. :cool

Guest willie
TD or Blade I know the no price rule but can we post monthly prices for use of each of the programs for comparison to help Mr P out? I also would like to see the breakdown. :cool

I don't see a problem with that. The price rule is pretty much for tint jobs, square footage and roll prices, since they vary so much and custies don't need to know our material cost. I don't see how cutting charges could vary or how they would concern customers, so no problem here unless the software people have an issue. :spit

Cool :spit

Could you guys post the monthly or yearly prices you pay for using each system. I know some of these guys have had forum specials. This might help Mr P and others watching this thread make a decision :cool

nope I'm not saying that at all. they are very accurate though. if I come across something that doesn't fit to my liking I don't fix it and send it in though. I just hand cut it and be done with it. all glass is different. so IMO fixing the pattern for that one particular vehicle means that the pattern still isn't guaranteed to fit on the next one. :cool usually if a pattern isn't fitting properly it's just the top edge and I slide the pattern up, run my blade across it, slide it down to micro-edge and I'm good. :spit

blade I do the same as well, if something isn't to my liking on

the top edge I will shave it but I also have Some cheap training

film so when I'm done I can cut a new pattern, send it to film

designs & it's In there for next time

Guest willie

nope I'm not saying that at all. they are very accurate though. if I come across something that doesn't fit to my liking I don't fix it and send it in though. I just hand cut it and be done with it. all glass is different. so IMO fixing the pattern for that one particular vehicle means that the pattern still isn't guaranteed to fit on the next one. :spit usually if a pattern isn't fitting properly it's just the top edge and I slide the pattern up, run my blade across it, slide it down to micro-edge and I'm good. :spit

blade I do the same as well, if something isn't to my liking on

the top edge I will shave it but I also have Some cheap training

film so when I'm done I can cut a new pattern, send it to film

designs & it's In there for next time

What do you pay monthly or yearly to use there services :cool

Archived