Cut or Tuck @ the gasket

Guest jcoe

Guest janabetis

Guys, I ve been doing this job since December 2010. I remove the complete door panels on most cars. I am very proficient in doing that and I replace the clips. I chose to do that, cause when I first started I had serious issues to work with - such as contamination, cutting etc - and didn't have room for extra tricks. I am probably spending more time doing so but I think that the end result is professional.

Some people may think that this is an "amateur" way of doing things. I know that I love my job and I deliver cars with good and clean tint that will stay there for a loooooong time.

But for gods shake.. stop fighting over this :P

σας ευχαριστώ

Can't PM yet. msn?janabetis@gmail.com ;)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AAAAAhahahahahahah. I read the title of this thread and totally avoided it thinking "cut it? what kinda hack..." I figured it would be one of those threads with 2 or 3 replies then it would disappear. This afternoon I have a few minutes and see that it has gone 2 pages and I am thinking.... :spit "What the!?!?!? I must be missing sumpin!" I was right. :spit

Hey gws....what's the name of your company in Calgary? :lol

Guest scottydosnntkno
Guys, I ve been doing this job since December 2010. I remove the complete door panels on most cars. I am very proficient in doing that and I replace the clips. I chose to do that, cause when I first started I had serious issues to work with - such as contamination, cutting etc - and didn't have room for extra tricks. I am probably spending more time doing so but I think that the end result is professional.

Some people may think that this is an "amateur" way of doing things. I know that I love my job and I deliver cars with good and clean tint that will stay there for a loooooong time.

But for gods shake.. stop fighting over this :P

σας ευχαριστώ

Can't PM yet. msn?janabetis@gmail.com ;)

oh no tell me you haven't been tinting for only 10 months :spit

Guest scottydosnntkno

GottaWearShades-

There are a few things you need to understand on here.

Sharing your opinion is one thing, trying to force it on others is another. Just because you do something one way, does not mean that everyone else does it wrong. You yourself said you want to "share your views,", well learn to share them without acting like your the best tinter ever and everyone else sucks.

There are guys on here who have been tinting a LOT longer than you. There are guys who only do 100k+ exotics. There are guys who do commercial jobs so big that one job has more profit than your entire year doing auto. There are guys with multiple shops who do 40+ cars a day.

You are NOT the best tinter on here.

You have shared your technique on this topic, and thats that. Some agree, some disagree. I think you can see that trying to defend your position in saying everyone else is an amateur isn't going to get you anywhere.

I too had the view in the beginning of not pulling any panel, and was getting 95% quality work, which is better than most shops around me. But, I realized that in pulling panels, it would allow me to achieve 98-99% quality, which is really what sets you apart from the competition. After you pull panels for years, you learn how they generally come off on each brand and type of car so you get faster and faster. I can have the panels off just about any new GM car in under a minute each, a little longer on fords since the have like 7 screws on each one.

Get off your soapbox, read some threads on here, and you may be able to pick up a thing or two :spit

Guest Malcolm E Boo
GottaWearShades-

There are a few things you need to understand on here.

Sharing your opinion is one thing, trying to force it on others is another. Just because you do something one way, does not mean that everyone else does it wrong. You yourself said you want to "share your views,", well learn to share them without acting like your the best tinter ever and everyone else sucks.

There are guys on here who have been tinting a LOT longer than you. There are guys who only do 100k+ exotics. There are guys who do commercial jobs so big that one job has more profit than your entire year doing auto. There are guys with multiple shops who do 40+ cars a day.

You are NOT the best tinter on here.

You have shared your technique on this topic, and thats that. Some agree, some disagree. I think you can see that trying to defend your position in saying everyone else is an amateur isn't going to get you anywhere.

I too had the view in the beginning of not pulling any panel, and was getting 95% quality work, which is better than most shops around me. But, I realized that in pulling panels, it would allow me to achieve 98-99% quality, which is really what sets you apart from the competition. After you pull panels for years, you learn how they generally come off on each brand and type of car so you get faster and faster. I can have the panels off just about any new GM car in under a minute each, a little longer on fords since the have like 7 screws on each one.

Get off your soapbox, read some threads on here, and you may be able to pick up a thing or two :spit

Correct

Archived