Cut or Tuck @ the gasket

Guest jcoe

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I cut the film just above the gasket and use clear finger nail polish to seal it, I never had the film peel yet......... :twocents

I thought that you are only to clear polish the top of the window?

:blink: ......That's old school......1960s....... :smoker

personally i've never been a big fan of the gasket wizard but i do use 'em on occasion. the way i see it is with some cars you tuck, some you pull the gasket, some you pull the panel, some you use the gasket wizrard. the "amateur" is the guy that doesn't have all these techniques in his arsenal. to stick with one method for EVERY car isn't the way to do this shiat.

exactly :dunno With Global QDP adhesive we install right to the gasket or a eighth inch below the top of it and don't have to cut, tuck, pull or use the gasket wizard.......that is...... when we can. There are physical tools and mental tools, we need to keep both tool boxes full. This going along with what Blade is saying. :flip

Guest Bad Boy Tinting

You dont have to pull door panels off to be a good tinter! You must pick and choose your battle! Very seldom will you actually have to do it. The truth of the matter is simple. Its all about experiences, and common sense. I have been laying film for 20 years..I consider myself and elite installer, and so do my customers. If the job call to do it, and you don't have the experience or the know how to do it any other way, do what comes natural to you. That would be focusing on a excellent installation, that is the bottom line. Its, never about the speed it the quality of the job that really matters.......Just keep practicing you will get better! We are the BIG BOYS when it comes to tinting, if you take this advice you may one day be amongst us....... :D:boogie

Archived