Tinting a car after removal

Hi guys......I have been fighting this for many years.  No matter how much JJ I put into my bottle....my slip just won't work.  This only happen to window that have film removal.  For some reason, the film just get stuck and I'm fighting with the film to move into place. I even double up JJ into my bottle and it still get stuck.  I even try dawn ultra and that didn't help.

Have anyone figure out a solution that will solve this problem? 

That's a head scratcher there. Anytime I have an issue with film sliding I usually mix up a super slip in my zep bottle. Doesn't make sense though if you're getting that on every single removal. I've never noticed it sticking anymore than usual after one, weird. 

Not sure if it's the same as FG - but I see that on FG jobs often. I think it has to do with glass being porous and no matter how clean it looks or feels, there is still glue left in the tiny pours of the glass. :dunno

Not sure if auto glass is the same....

My thinking is that doubling up on the amount of slip for the film to float on and getting your targeting "perfect" should allow you to slang the papahs without issue.

I come from flat only background where if its hot out you get one shot at getting the film locked down before the heat cooks the adhesive to the glass and then you are hooped if you have to re-position.

1 hour ago, jh812 said:

That's a head scratcher there. Anytime I have an issue with film sliding I usually mix up a super slip in my zep bottle. Doesn't make sense though if you're getting that on every single removal. I've never noticed it sticking anymore than usual after one, weird. 

:yeah 

5 hours ago, Roach said:

Not sure if it's the same as FG - but I see that on FG jobs often. I think it has to do with glass being porous and no matter how clean it looks or feels, there is still glue left in the tiny pours of the glass. :dunno

Not sure if auto glass is the same....

That make total sense......We don't do alot of removal but when we do....it just won't slide into place.  I even put double the mix and sometime it help... I thought someone would have already figure out a technique that work.

Ha just had that happen on a quick removal and redoo of doorglass and today is kinda hot and sticky/humid afternoon and the guy had vent visers painted so i couldnt see the top edge to line it up nice and fast but its done and shop is closed lol

Archived