Film Removal Toxic??

The safety of removing window film is something i have thought about time to time.  Is the adhesive that is scraped off safe to touch skin?? Also, what about when you need to scrap film off and all the clear flakes from the scratch coat cover your arms???

If you have allergies to anything in the adhesives you should wear nitrile gloves.

Inhaling itty bittys of plastic is probably not a great thing for your lungs. Wear a dust mask.

I've seen some removal teams McGuyver attaching vacuum hoses  to unger handles and using hepa filters in the shop vac to make sure all the bits get looked after.

That awesome smell often means after hours work on commercial sites

I do remember someone on here mentioned they took precaution when removing a FG film that flaked and had nasty adhesive.  Ive just never heard much about this and that why i asked. 

Like QT mentioned, chemicals to remove are whats to worry about and is readon i dont use them. Had rapid remover burn my hand and tossed it in the trash!!

I've often removed PS films that have left a burning sensation on my hands, but I'm not sure if it was just from the friction or the adhesive itself. Often the fumes from the adhesive will burn my eyes; especially when it is hot. I don't get that from Llumar adhesive, but from the films that smell like liquorice, molasses, or have absorbed the smell of 1000 farts.

2 minutes ago, highplains said:

I'll let you in on a little secret, there's health risk in every industry and everything causes cancer it seems like

:yeah Just ask Google.  :puter 

Edited by Bham