Removal rates...are you charging enough?

Just raised the price for removal. I used to charge somewhat low because theres not much cost to it (all back breaking labor no film) and i wanted the job.  Now, i realize you lose money because you can tint 2 vehicles in the time it takes to r/r 1 vehicle. I acutally wont mind them now, since i'll make the same removing one vehicle as I will tinting two vehciles with no removal.  

I'd like to thank DynamicsATL for influencing me to raise my removal rates. Now, i charge what he does, plus im charging $50 extra for removal on vehicles that are 5 years old. So if you hate removal, maybe its not all because is kills your body and takes up your day, but because your simply not charging enough like i did. If you can get them done quickly, then its just easier money made.  

Edited by pbalentine
Post title incomplete

1 hour ago, pbalentine said:

Just raised the price for removal. I used to charge somewhat low because theres not much cost to it (all back breaking labor no film) and i wanted the job.  Now, i realize you lose money because you can tint 2 vehicles in the time it takes to r/r 1 vehicle. I acutally wont mind them now, since i'll make the same removing one vehicle as I will tinting two vehciles with no removal.  

I'd like to thank DynamicsATL for influencing me to raise my removal rates. Now, i charge what he does, plus im charging $50 extra for removal on vehicles that are 5 years old. So if you hate removal, maybe its not all because is kills your body and takes up your day, but because your simply not charging enough like i did. If you can get them done quickly, then its just easier money made.  

Yep, it is a win win.

For a sedan I usually start at $150 for removal. That’s pending my inspection. Depending on the age and how I feel when it’s shows up the price can go up. If it’s delaminated I won’t even do them. I’m upfront with the customer about this and I also tell them there’s a GOOD chance you will lose some or all of your defroster lines. Then I ask them if they still want an appointment. 

I am $20 per roll up and $80hr for back glass. I pay my helper $15hr. He does all the removals, so I don't mind them much. Everyone around me does $5 per roll up and $40 for a back glass. I just laugh and hope they keep it that way. They can have fun this those crusty old cars.

6 minutes ago, Jake said:

I am $20 per roll up and $80hr for back glass. I pay my helper $15hr. He does all the removals, so I don't mind them much. Everyone around me does $5 per roll up and $40 for a back glass. I just laugh and hope they keep it that way. They can have fun this those crusty old cars.

Thats exaclty what i think when im stuck for hours scrapping some turd for nothing.  The shop that quoted it properly is now tinting more vehicles, making more money in less time and laughing at who ever got stuck doing it. 

Seriously I have a customer tomorrow with a 2001 CTS that wants an R/R. $100 for the backglass plus $80 for removal pending my inspection. It can go up from there. Tomorrow is only an inspection appointment. They’ll have to make another appointment for removal. I’m up front with the customer about this and he still wanted the appointment. I’m reconfirming the appointment today  hopefully he doesn’t even show up or answer any of my calls 🙏🏼