Tinting friends and coworkers rides

I used to tint a four door for two crack rocks bout 40.00 just kidding started on my own then did family and friends just had them buy the tint at parts store...met my teacher a pro tinter and used real film with him wow what a difference glue and scratch coat were better hope this helps get good film and good tools!!!!

Edited by quality tintz

If you go that route make sure to tell them this is practice and that in a year's time the price will not be the same. You don't want to get caught in a rut of people saying well you use to do it for this price. Also I wouldn't have them advertise it, just say hey if you've got a couple vehicles I could work on I'd be happy to. However don't bring your cousins husband's sister's ride up here. 

A good help would be NOT calling them victims...

Be sure to get photographic evidence of interior and exterior condition BEFORE and after  of all of your guinea pig work.

Would suck to lose a friend or be kicked out of the family due to burnt /melted interior plastic trim or gouges in someones window .

If you're "practicing" on other peoples cars you shouldn't charge them anything. You want them to pay for you to learn? Would you pay a mechanic to practice on your car? Also, not charging is a better motivation to get real good real quick so you can charge correctly when you're no longer practicing and know what you're doing.

I started on junkyard car doors in my utility room at my house. Bought a 100ft roll of some cheap film did about 4 or 5 family cars. Watched more YouTube videos than I can think of and away I went. I won’t do anything I know I can’t tackle and I’ve prob got about 50 cars under my belt now. More than likely will attend a training course this coming summer. 

Just go for it but be smart. 

Thanks for the help guys. Im going to hit up some of my friends at work that have newer 4 door cars and see what happens. Ive tinted my car over 6 times now. Also tinted my wifes and sons car. I bought some SunTek. Super sweet tint.  Been picking up tools little by little and I have a good time tinting. Also Im a welder fabricator and work around 55 hours a week. 

On 11/5/2018 at 9:03 PM, Bubbles said:

Thanks for the help guys. Im going to hit up some of my friends at work that have newer 4 door cars and see what happens. Ive tinted my car over 6 times now. Also tinted my wifes and sons car. I bought some SunTek. Super sweet tint.  Been picking up tools little by little and I have a good time tinting. Also Im a welder fabricator and work around 55 hours a week. 

Im actually getting ready to do my own pickup....This is the approach Im going to use....Im going to do my truck as many times as it takes to make it look good...I have a 50' roll of film coming and I also just ordered some tools.  Im watching tons of YouTube videos and reading this forum.

if i was starting out, i would start with tinting cars.  heat shrinking makes or breaks tinters.  learn how to to back car back glasses in one piece.  another tip is learn how to prep as the installation is as only good as the prep.  and last but not least, only use stainless steel blades on glass NOT CARBON.  dont get in no hurry.  take your time and do good prep and installs.  no light gaps.  make it pretty.