How do you guys do it?

Market windshield tinting when it's only legal in Hawaii, North Dakota, And Ohio? Do you tell the customer? Or do you just upsell them figuring know one is ever going to say anything? The whole idea seems absolutely crazy to install something illegal and not say anything, but it happens around me often. 

Most of our customers purchase Ceramic or Crystalline, so tinting the windshield comes up often when they are looking for heat rejection.  I would say 60% of the time they ask for it, 40% of the time we promote it.  We let them know if they are looking to block heat, then they should think about tinting the windshield because it is the biggest window in their vehicle.  We let them know we have 50% if they are looking to add a little shade to it or up to 80%/90% if they would like to keep it clear.  We then let them know that technically it is illegal to tint the windshield which is why we carry such light shades to ensure it won't be noticed.  Our goal has always been to be honest, explain the pros/cons including it being illegal and let the customer decide for themselves.

Wi

15 hours ago, TinterforLife said:

Market windshield tinting when it's only legal in Hawaii, North Dakota, And Ohio? Do you tell the customer? Or do you just upsell them figuring know one is ever going to say anything? The whole idea seems absolutely crazy to install something illegal and not say anything, but it happens around me often. 

Tinting a windshield in WA is legal when you use 70% or 80% film.  Ive tinted LOTS of police car windshields for a department near me.