$300 is this tint acceptable or should I have them redo

Apologies in advance for the novel

It's easy to see that this was done hours before the photos were taken due to the still wet halos around some of the trash under the film and wet blister areas that the slip solution was not fully pushed out .

Most of the trash though already has air around it and this will not change.

Take it back to the shop and ask for a removal and replacement with the caveat that if its not acceptably fixed you want it all removed again and ALL your money back.  Give them their shot to remove and redo the work and regain your trust. A pissed off custy will tell more people than a happy one !

A speck here and there near an edge is normal . Clouds of garbage shown in your photos look like the installer(s) had mittens on during a windstorm and is definitely NOT acceptable. 

$50 bucks for your cousin Billy to practice on your car is where the price should be for the work shown.

$300 is not an insignificant amount of money for an install on a Kia or a Bugatti. Should be mint.

@Melayeze If you think this is acceptable and you are in this business PLEASE hang up the tools Until you have taken lessons from @flat rock stan or go learn basket weaving or go pick up trash on the side of the highway and watch out for piss bombs!

Not calling myself, my work or anyone here's work "perfect" but trash work needs called out and when you get rid of the trash we all get better!

100% of a great tint/graphic job with no trash is controlling the environment the work is done in.

I know there is less trash in the work shown in the pic at the link below than there is under the work on OP's car.

We used drop cloths( you can just see them under me) .Cleaned all the frames/gaskets. Pulled film in a clean area elsewhere and kept it in a closed box in the work area(camera is on the box). Misted the air before moving any film from box to the glass. Stripped and flipped it on the glass.

https://www.tintdude.net/potw70.html

On 5/31/2021 at 11:58 AM, Melayeze said:

If you can't live with a little speckled tint then  I would love to see how clean it is . in other places. There is no perfect tint job .!! So why try to find it .

While you're correct in that there is no perfect tint job, if you're not striving for perfection in every install you are doing yourself and your customers a severe disservice. 

I thought, the OP, went to the shop and said he was told it was crap by tintdude. The shop came here and posted this.  Who else would seriously defend this crappy of a tint job?

Its just tint. With dirt. Sure its a bad job. Its not . The worse job ever. Sure there's one or two windows that could make the job a lot nicer. As for a beginner with any skill level being able to do it you don't know that. It's acceptable.

As for me I'm fine with it .When the customer brings it back just replace it.pretty easy.

I'm not a quiter.

We gross 1.7 million

Last year bud!

Maybe .let's get something straight. My work is better then most. 34 plus years. So when you actually think you know more then me .you don't.. So why don't get it. you think that you can out tint me.any day or night. You can't.!!

So let me guess I should stop making what you make in two years in 30days. Who's the one ? Who should quite. 

First learn how to spell second try having higher standards what said you allow to leave your shop along with 1.7 mill tells me your here trolling and you need new glasses no offense but your posts don’t make any cents

Edited by Uscfan