Respect on this board

Guest secretagentswole

idiot and a jackazz just because they don't undrstand something. we kinda take them under your wing and teach them the way to do it.

Your getting paid to do that with the Fire Department thats what you should do.

This is the internet. We are not getting paid to teach you here :popcorn

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
experience and age has nothing to do with it for me. one of my best installers ever was a 20 year old who had 2 months experience when I hired him. I could turn him loose on ANYTHING almost immediately. a total natural. :poke

age means nothing. there used to be atypicaloldguy on here that I went back and forth with all the time. :popcorn and he had tons of experience.

When I first opened my shop I had a 17 year old highschool drop-out kid working for me & at the time was the best tinter I had ever seen. He had been tinting for only a year or so but he was like you say "a total natural". He was also a good clean-cut dr*g-free kid and very polite, good with sales and always on time.

Wish I knew a few more like him :poke

Guest haroldshouseoftint
One thing about this site.

When your a noob here you catch a little hell from time to time ESPECIALLY when you come off as a Illegal Tinter.

All the info on this board is free. Its been posted by long time members and people that have decided its worth getting their p@nties out of a wad and participating.

Catching some hell is a small price to pay for all the free info that we have all decided to share.

My advice to noobs to avoid catching hell would be to show some respect to US FIRST, Don't come off as a jackazz illegal tinter, don't bash long time members right off the bat.

Just be a normal person and all will be OK :lol You act like a divck you get treated like a divck. It`s up to you to decide if you want to suck it up and stay and participate.

A lot of the older members here don't take lightly the free info that is given away here. We learned all this shvit the HARD way. Noobs come here and act like we owe them something sometimes when actually it the other way.

Show some respect to the guys that have put a HELLUVA lot of time into this site and then maybe it will be reciprocated assuming you dont out yourself as a illegal tinting hack right off the bat :DD

I dont see why noobs get all butt hurt so easily.

WWTTD :poke:lol:lol

Wow, I realized after reading all of the BS that this is five minutes I will never get back :lol:cry

Sucks to be you ya old fart :cry:lol:lol

I really dont recall anyboby ganging up on any subjects other than the illegal thing....lets make this an official rule.. no talk about illegal tinting. we know that alot of guys here do it and some dont...lets just make it one of the terms of agreement or something...

Hey Kid, it's been tried before... doesn't work. Someone will inevitably post about it... and their torch. :DD

you see....I dont get all bent out of shape when a total duche wants to call me a kid...just let it go :lol2

:cry

you know tintman that is some of the problem. you refer to someone as a kid when there are no "kids" on here. we are all professionals. that goes right back to the respect thing. if you would talk to someone with respect they may be alittle more up to hearing your side. but when you start calling names it puts people on the defensive.

OK, sorry to me a "kid/young pup" etc etc etc in the industry is someone with under 10+ years in, :poke I grew up around "older" people/parents, I was always refered to as kid/kiddo/youngster etc etc, if by me calling you a kid, you get offended by that, whatever, that is how I was raised.

I'd rather be called a kid than a fairy :40 .. :cry:cry:40

Not me, I'm comfortable with my man hood, call me a fairy, call me a :40 we can :popcorn all day, won't hurt my feelings, cuz I have ME 20 :lol2:lol2:lol2:cry

Guest clint4883

mdog, you wanna say that the industry is going to &*^& because of "hacks", take the time to explain why you shouldn't be doing it and it will help all of us out. I know we don't get paid to give advice or tips but eventually we won't be getting paid at all if every state does away with window tinting period. Well except for flat glass. and that is how it was explained to me with professionalism and I can understand that a little better.

Guest vclimber
I understand the new boy is going to catch hell for a while, I mean I am a firefighter and we kinda pride ourselfs on that but always with respect for them. never calling them an idiot and a jackazz just because they don't undrstand something. we kinda take them under your wing and teach them the way to do it.

Window tinting is non-life threatening and for the most part so is the internet. I fail to find the connection here. Firefighters can die at work...

:popcorn Can somebody call Al Gore and please ask him to turn off the internet for a while?

Guest tintgod

some times in life you have to earn respect...and posting about illegal work and how proud they are about it..you are not going to get any respect from alot of ppl on here.

plain and simple

you want repect,? repect the industy ,respect the "ol timers" that made this industy what it was 10 or so years ago.(one kick butt industy)..its SOME of the new generation tinters/internet/manufactures at have made this industy what it is today( total crap). in my opinion.

Guest Key West
/ I don't owe you anything! I learned this business from someone that had enough patients to teach me. I may owe him but not you. and one more thing to get respect you have to give respect. I understand the new boy is going to catch hell for a while, I mean I am a firefighter and we kinda pride ourselfs on that but always with respect for them. never calling them an idiot and a jackazz just because they don't undrstand something. we kinda take them under your wing and teach them the way to do it.

The dude that had the "patients" to teach you surely did have the "patients" of Job!! And you DO owe him big time, just for putting up with you. And on that respect thing, you got it exactly bass ackwards! And thats all I got to say 'bout that! (And life IS like a box of chocolates.........)

Archived