My fellow mmm haters

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is incredible what some companys / installers will let go. And the custy is ok with it! I guess if the co / inst figure the name recognition can cary them they are ok. Jeeez have some pride

+1,000

That is what blows my mind the most. I see what others have done, and I think wow... I dunno.. I ask a premium for my services.... which that being the case, I sure as heck do the very best I can do. That way, at the end of the job, I can take pride in my craft.

-R

Steevie Wonder and Ray Charles could have done a better job than the clowns that did it the first time. It is incredible what some companys / installers will let go. And the custy is ok with it! I guess if the co / inst figure the name recognition can cary them they are ok. Jeeez have some pride

what does it have to do with 3m? sounds like bad workmanship to me. what film did you use?

I have posted a few threads here on comm film, as this is 95% of our business. My co is small in relation to some others I bid aganst. However I am on EVERY project, and have set high standards for the end product. Most of the "big boys" have sales people that dont even know what side of the film sticks, Installers who have little or no interest in spending any extra time to do anything but slam it up. ( If you are being paid by SF for your labor, your motovation is to put up as much as you can as fast as you can ) I am not saying they cant do good work , Its likley they just dont need to. In most cases the pm or gc never really scrutinizes the final install. Now I am not claiming to be perfect or the best etc etc etc. There is always going to be something to pick at somewhere, But my feeling is that if another tinter looks at my work in the future, The word HACK should not come to mind. Sorry for all the rambling

Steevie Wonder and Ray Charles could have done a better job than the clowns that did it the first time. It is incredible what some companys / installers will let go. And the custy is ok with it! I guess if the co / inst figure the name recognition can cary them they are ok. Jeeez have some pride

what does it have to do with 3m? sounds like bad workmanship to me. what film did you use?

:lol I can't stand 3M any more than the next guy but sounds to me like it was just a crap tintjob. :lol

Im sorry I dont know how to caption the question and reply in the same box. To answer your question we are going to use Madico sunscape dg55. As far as the film we are going to replace, His old invoice stated it was RE 50. MMM's garden variety neutral grey. The film was almost 8 yrs old, but I swear it looked like the installer dropped it on the floor and put it up anyway. I SH*T you not

the sad thing that not every customer understands! :lol

And thats just it... the normal customer will never understand until we are knowledgeable enough to explain it to them!!! I hang 3M with success as a sub, but when the sales are mine, 3M is my last choice!!!

what the hell? you saying im not "knowledgeable"? :lol

but that's still installer error...not an issue with the film itself. :lol

The film itself was lifting from crud at the edges, As far film failure, it did appear to have distortion when viewed from the side. Did it need to be changed today?......Prob not, But custy wants it replaced and who am I to say no.

Archived