My fellow mmm haters

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
keep the haters comin

"if you dont got haters, youre doin it WRONG."

There's two kinds of haters; the kind that hate something or someone because they are better than them or their product or the type that hate because it really does suck. It is good that you don't discriminate between the two. :twocents

I understand what you trying to say, but once again mmm custy are willilng to pay for more for the name. that means more profit for you. I don't understand why you would not want that as a business man, profit is everything. same work no matter what.

a buddy of mine did a house here in socal with mmm prestige total cost to custy almost $5x,---.xx. we all prefer to work with certain films, but I don't understand how ignorant you can be with all the money your missing on, showing them comparable films when you profit is more for mmm.

if the custy ask for mmm give to them.

as for myself, I use to like to install cp,lintec,bekeart,hanita and of course mmm if they ask for it. I use to apply the correct film for the right job, unless the custy wants says otherwise. :twocents

I understand your point. The problem is 3M has a bad rep with those that have used it. Customers dont know the reputation of the FILM, but I agree they associate 3M with all the other products. I dont know if its true, but I was told the window film division of 3M only makes up 1% or so of all revenues. Many other mannys are 100% dedicated. Why would you want to install a product that you know may not last just b/c of brand recognition. Not only that, the 3M name doesnt mean higher profits. You can only sell what the market will bear. Here, I have been up against a 3M dealer that is actually cheaper than me, and I use Madico. I dont think if the 3M dealer wanted more he could get it.

So I agree with your post to a certain degree. I think people would be willing to spend more money for a product like Huper and VKool given enough information about those products, and how they can out perform what they see as a brand name.

I understand what you trying to say, but once again mmm custy are willilng to pay for more for the name. that means more profit for you. I don't understand why you would not want that as a business man, profit is everything. same work no matter what.

a buddy of mine did a house here in socal with mmm prestige total cost to custy almost $5x,---.xx. we all prefer to work with certain films, but I don't understand how ignorant you can be with all the money your missing on, showing them comparable films when you profit is more for mmm.

if the custy ask for mmm give to them.

as for myself, I use to like to install cp,lintec,bekeart,hanita and of course mmm if they ask for it. I use to apply the correct film for the right job, unless the custy wants says otherwise. :twocents

I understand your point. The problem is 3M has a bad rep with those that have used it. Customers dont know the reputation of the FILM, but I agree they associate 3M with all the other products. I dont know if its true, but I was told the window film division of 3M only makes up 1% or so of all revenues. Many other mannys are 100% dedicated. Why would you want to install a product that you know may not last just b/c of brand recognition. Not only that, the 3M name doesnt mean higher profits. You can only sell what the market will bear. Here, I have been up against a 3M dealer that is actually cheaper than me, and I use Madico. I dont think if the 3M dealer wanted more he could get it.

So I agree with your post to a certain degree. I think people would be willing to spend more money for a product like Huper and VKool given enough information about those products, and how they can out perform what they see as a brand name.

come on really? have people even heard of huper and vkool? NO. I admit their products are great, but you gotta come with a specific sales game to get that job. they do it and nobody has even heard of those brands. think about a tight sales game AND you are using the only brand people know, 3M. I offer more than just 3M, and I stress that they come with a manufacturers warranty. we warranty the work but it all comes from the manufacturer. so even if the film goes bad they know its 3M's deal, and we do the service. it doesnt hurt our name. a customer already thinks that you gotta be good to be able to sell 3M, and they are willing to pay the premium price.

however in this economy selling this stuff at a higher price is a little tougher. thats why u have alternate films that can still compete with others cheaper prices. but the customers still know that u r good because you have the ability to apply 3M.

come on really? have people even heard of huper and vkool? NO. I admit their products are great, but you gotta come with a specific sales game to get that job. they do it and nobody has even heard of those brands. think about a tight sales game AND you are using the only brand people know, 3M. I offer more than just 3M, and I stress that they come with a manufacturers warranty. we warranty the work but it all comes from the manufacturer. so even if the film goes bad they know its 3M's deal, and we do the service. it doesnt hurt our name. a customer already thinks that you gotta be good to be able to sell 3M, and they are willing to pay the premium price.

however in this economy selling this stuff at a higher price is a little tougher. thats why u have alternate films that can still compete with others cheaper prices. but the customers still know that u r good because you have the ability to apply 3M.

Yeah, really. The name 3M does not mean better, and its not. Do people perk up about it? Sure. All I have to do is ask the customer what they know about 3M window films. They dont know jack about them other than they make post-it notes. So, why would that make it an easier sale. There is still a certain amount of information that every dealer talks about to sell their film. A 3M dealer still has to do it. I would say the reverse is true, I think its easier to turn a potential customer off to 3M. A Huper dealer can plop down a spec chart next to a 3M spec chart and say "boo ya". ALL mfg's offer the gimmick warranty...and they are ALL the same. So why wouldnt the customer go with a better performing product with a better track record that offers the same warranty?

you dont have to sell only 3M. set up an account pick up some samples. pitch it at your next estimate and just see what they say. lay out the samples and they immediately go for the 3M. it wont cost you nothing. I DARE YOU

I dont want to sell a product that will haunt me 5-10 years down the road. I wouldnt sell 3M to my worst enemy. If they immediately "go for it" I will immediately tell them why "x" product would be better.

Archived