My fellow mmm haters

Guest mikeMN
One thing that also can be used in sales aganst MMM dealers is this. Well Mr/ Mrs custy, If that mmm STUFF is really what you want ,we can supply it for you. I then tell them if it was my home or office or whatever. I would not use it. Again this opens the door for more conversation. So mr tint salesman tell me why ? At that point you should have your pitch very well polished. When it comes time for the close, If you have provided all the facts the custy needs, the sale should be yours. Another thing some people do is short sale themselves, By this I mean, When the sale eventually comes down to $, If you give them the different options MMM MDCO CP whatever. It can provide a sense of security for custy if you are the HIGHEST bid, Yes I said HIGHEST. If you tell custy someone elses film is more just because, they may think its more because its better. Try something like , We could do the project with MMM for (say ---.00) or we could use a more stable film like (insert your preferance here) for ---.00 and there would be no future problems. Just a thought, Hope it helps some of you out there

So what is the name of film that you think is so superior to mmm that you use all the time? :nope

Most of what we do is contract spec. The arch will spec the product and we will supply and inst. I am not partial to any certain film mfr, They all have their own issues. My point is this, If you are out on a sales call and you know everyone in the world is bidding it, Right off the bat you know MMM is going to be ALL THE MONEY, In most cases COMM PM GC or SUPERS want the best film out there and if it is only 5 7 10 % more for the best they just may go for it. I never want to get a job because I wes the cheapest. When I sell to the everyday custy, The product I sell them is the best out there period. Weather its mmm mdc llu sg whatever. Its the best that you can buy. If you dont believe it yourself the custy never will .One of the most important things you can do when making a sale is just listen to the custy..... They will tell you everything you need to know .

I agree with most of your reply as I to do many jobs that a certain film is in the specs and I will apply the film they want, same as if I was doing a film graphic if that is what they want then that is what I will do.I have installed almost all films known to mankind and sum twice but they just have a different name.. :dunno

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea if you been at it 24 then you seen just about all of it. MFR can come out with the latest and greatest but when it comes right down to it...... Its still just stickin plastic on windows !

I worked for a 3M dealer 4 years ago (for a brief period) that has been in biz for nearly 20 years. Ive installed quite a bit of 3M. I found that while installing the film, if I missed a portion with water still behind the film while around it was squegeed, the adhesive smeared when I went over the spot with water and drug it into a squegeed section. Ive never seen another film do this. When it happened, you had to scrap the film and start again. I have also been on a few warranty jobs that were maybe 6-8 years old and the film was in poor condition. I think the film that I saw issues with was the NV line.

Good to see another Madico user. Great adhesive on Madico.

[/quot

the nv film 4 years ago had an overcoat when the liner peeled. when not wet enough it could streak but this had nothing to do with the adhesive. we've been putting up nv since day 1.

I thought only the best of the best were allowed to use mmm :dunno And as I always like to point out they don't even make their own film :bingo Saw master rolls marked mmm at Solar Gard plant in California a few years ago even when they tried to hide it so why not just by from the peeps making it :lol

guess you could call me a hater :dunno

Cheers :nope

Kind of funny, I saw film being produced a few years ago in a JDS Uniphase plant in CA. as we were tinting the building. When I asked the manager we dealt with what it was, he said they produced film for mmm for window application. But, all the mmm boys will try to tell ya different. WE know the truth!!!!

I worked for a 3M dealer 4 years ago (for a brief period) that has been in biz for nearly 20 years. Ive installed quite a bit of 3M. I found that while installing the film, if I missed a portion with water still behind the film while around it was squegeed, the adhesive smeared when I went over the spot with water and drug it into a squegeed section. Ive never seen another film do this. When it happened, you had to scrap the film and start again. I have also been on a few warranty jobs that were maybe 6-8 years old and the film was in poor condition. I think the film that I saw issues with was the NV line.

Good to see another Madico user. Great adhesive on Madico.

That's the wonderful mmm PS adhesive. S Gard does it too.....

Guest absolutetinting

I understand what you trying to say, but once again mmm custy are willilng to pay for more for the name. that means more profit for you. I don't understand why you would not want that as a business man, profit is everything. same work no matter what.

a buddy of mine did a house here in socal with mmm prestige total cost to custy almost $5x,---.xx. we all prefer to work with certain films, but I don't understand how ignorant you can be with all the money your missing on, showing them comparable films when you profit is more for mmm.

if the custy ask for mmm give to them.

as for myself, I use to like to install cp,lintec,bekeart,hanita and of course mmm if they ask for it. I use to apply the correct film for the right job, unless the custy wants says otherwise. :dunno

I understand what you trying to say, but once again mmm custy are willilng to pay for more for the name. that means more profit for you. I don't understand why you would not want that as a business man, profit is everything. same work no matter what.

a buddy of mine did a house here in socal with mmm prestige total cost to custy almost $5x,---.xx. we all prefer to work with certain films, but I don't understand how ignorant you can be with all the money your missing on, showing them comparable films when you profit is more for mmm.

if the custy ask for mmm give to them.

as for myself, I use to like to install cp,lintec,bekeart,hanita and of course mmm if they ask for it. I use to apply the correct film for the right job, unless the custy wants says otherwise. :twocents

I have never carried mmm nor installed it so I cannot speak on the process of selling or installing it. But I have stripped a good deal of it, seen a good deal of it go bad, and heard stories about it. When it comes down to it I don't care how much the customer thinks of it I don't want my reputation on it. As far as the profit goes, if they are willing to pay more just so they can say the got mmm on their windows then they will be willing to go with Huper Optik Ceramics, they just don't know it till I explain it to them. So I make the profit and don't have to stake my reputation on mmm. Luckily here in Texas we don't get a lot of requests for mmm, for the most part customers already have a bad taste for it. The Texas summers weed out the bad films fairly quick.

Archived