LLUMAR films

OK...so Llumar has their Axcess film and security film aimed at auto.....IMO the specs for heat rejection are not high enough to justify the cost on the Axcess film....

They do have more lines of film, but my business model doesn't require any more than one film type. If I needed a ceramic I would look at Geoshield DMC....

Global did have Fusion which was their all metal film...not sure what happened to that as it is not shown on the website....

they quit making it a while back along with their architectural films

Yeah I noticed that too, you cant order it anymore? Another webpage has it though. http://www.solarcontrolfilmsinc.com/globalautotint.html

thats because solar control is a distributor and they still have some stock

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest scottydosnntkno
IMO I think if a company made their film 100% there would b shortcuts somewhere. specialization is key and if somebodies good at it they are for a reason and im sure it wasnt easy.

you think if they make everything themselves, each aspect is up to par with the big players? lets just say poly, u think its better than duponts?

I don't know :dunno high quality plastic is high quality plastic. Plus, its not the plastic that matters most is the 1. dye and 2. adhesive

Wouldn't the crude oil be first? right? From what Howard posted on how film starts? With how it has jumped up so much by the barrel?

usually places that manufacture their own plastic don't start with raw crude oil :lol2 they get the chemicals in, formulate the PET, create the resin chips, melt and form into the pellets(at least for auto resins) and then melt/flatten/inject the plastic to its semi finished form, although still being a raw material.

OK...so Llumar has their Axcess film and security film aimed at auto.....IMO the specs for heat rejection are not high enough to justify the cost on the Axcess film....

They do have more lines of film, but my business model doesn't require any more than one film type. If I needed a ceramic I would look at Geoshield DMC....

Global did have Fusion which was their all metal film...not sure what happened to that as it is not shown on the website....

:lol2 same here. I offer one line of auto, For the customers who ask about a all metal film, I special order it upon request, but don't stock it due to inventory reasons.

just use your imagination as to why films are dropped

:lol

I personally like the infinity op by suntek better.

I just got a sample packet from suntek yesterday and the infinity series looks really nice, the prices are not to bad either. I think I am going to try some of their Carbon series films, I am looking for a 60% film

I personally like the infinity op by suntek better.

I just got a sample packet from suntek yesterday and the infinity series looks really nice, the prices are not to bad either. I think I am going to try some of their Carbon series films, I am looking for a 60% film

you will only use it for a year, then you'll be looking for a different film...lol

Guest VaTinterPMan

I thought same thing Jeff, 2 of the higher end shops here switched to Suntek from lulu just cause of the people who were running the customer service. they were dropped as a carrier of lul and picked up suntek, and people switched to suntek gotta same something bout there customer service.

Archived