LLUMAR films

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Llumar is good stuff... But MAN! Talk about EXPENSIVE! I am pretty sure the production cost on a 40" roll of film is criminally cheap compared to what they sell it for. :lol6 I have done ALOT of research on this and I keep coming up with the cost being shockingly low to make a roll of film.

I bet if we all knew for sure just how much film REALLY cost, there would be a rebellion so big it would rival the American or French revolutions.

Just my :bat

They do make money on each roll for sure. But they have higher costs than most manufacturers. They spend a ton

of money on R&D, equipment, labs, a quality check for every step in the process, software, machines, chemists, etc.

Heck, I bet they have more money in testing equipment than some manufacturers have in production machinery.

a 80? why in the world you need that? for FG?

cpf says they cant send out p/p unless a 60 is bought and split 40 20 if a 80 was made it could be split 40 40..I know that any manufactor would / could make more money if it was made to split 40 40..I feel that a majority of shops use 40 and think I would benifit the industry on both sides of the fence. there is alot of plotters out there that are 40 wide and think even as a flat glass a 80 would be great....BLADE will say that sometimes its needed...

as I am a computercut dealer the new genenisis turbo coupe I cant not use a 36 on the plotter ive done two this week and had to hand cut the back glass, because the turbo coupe have a wing brake light instead of the lower behind the glass light. a 36 inch roll fits perfect if your hand cutting. but if its a normal coupe with the third brake light behind the glass computercut can be used, if the brake light is cut out.

this was interesting to find out and glad that I can hand cut like the old school big dawgs

Guest VaTinterPMan
a 80? why in the world you need that? for FG?

cpf says they cant send out p/p unless a 60 is bought and split 40 20 if a 80 was made it could be split 40 40..I know that any manufactor would / could make more money if it was made to split 40 40..I feel that a majority of shops use 40 and think I would benifit the industry on both sides of the fence. there is alot of plotters out there that are 40 wide and think even as a flat glass a 80 would be great....BLADE will say that sometimes its needed...

as I am a computercut dealer the new genenisis turbo coupe I cant not use a 36 on the plotter ive done two this week and had to hand cut the back glass, because the turbo coupe have a wing brake light instead of the lower behind the glass light. a 36 inch roll fits perfect if your hand cutting. but if its a normal coupe with the third brake light behind the glass computercut can be used, if the brake light is cut out.

this was interesting to find out and glad that I can hand cut like the old school big dawgs

Yeah I just had the rep for llumar call last night and tell me he had some over stock P/P 60 in rolls and 20in half off Ill let you know about it if you want, just pm me. Dont know if you use enough of it down there.

why does everybody always compare films as to how they feel, and how easy it is to install. the bottom line is how it lasts and how it performs. THATS IT, quit making excuses as to why you buy a cheaper tint. llumar is very expensive, deal with it. it aint gonna get any cheaper. me, ive used it since day one so im used to the price.

and auto is made in 60s not 72s. and llumar sells 24s, in some lines they sell 18s too. CP is not gonna spend the money to buy another machine to make 72 auto, there is no need for it

18, 20, 24, 36, 40 are the standard auto sizes

if you wanna utilize for the least waste like I do, I get cut 10, 18, 20, 24, 28, 30, 32, 35, and 40s

why does everybody always compare films as to how they feel, and how easy it is to install. the bottom line is how it lasts and how it performs. THATS IT

What a novel idea! Trouble is most guys are only involved in the install side, not what or if it comes back. But I was like that too when I 1st started.

Guest VaTinterPMan

I can disagree a little with VIP on the way the film feels just cause people like different things and if something is thin and you like thick and little firmer or vis verse. But only a little do I disagree, The main point is how it truly is going to maintain and perform in the region you are in, some films would be better in less sunny climates where they would be horrible in mostly sunny climates, And I think service has a huge thing to do with it also. When one of the Llumar dist was dropped and they picked up Suntek, lots of there customers switched to them solely based on the customer service. I am huge on that! I love that someone can sit down and talk with me and bs a little extra on the phone and not bad mouth other peoples film. :dunno

Guest scottydosnntkno
Llumar is good stuff... But MAN! Talk about EXPENSIVE! I am pretty sure the production cost on a 40" roll of film is criminally cheap compared to what they sell it for. :dunno I have done ALOT of research on this and I keep coming up with the cost being shockingly low to make a roll of film.

I bet if we all knew for sure just how much film REALLY cost, there would be a rebellion so big it would rival the American or French revolutions.

Just my :lol2

They do make money on each roll for sure. But they have higher costs than most manufacturers. They spend a ton

of money on R&D, equipment, labs, a quality check for every step in the process, software, machines, chemists, etc.

Heck, I bet they have more money in testing equipment than some manufacturers have in production machinery.

and every other film manny doens't have the same steps? :lol2 so I'm sure you think that 3M is worth their crazy prices because they have the best R&D in the industry? and make the best film out there? :lol2 You're paying for the name, as with any other product on the market.

Archived