LLUMAR films

Llumar is good stuff... But MAN! Talk about EXPENSIVE! I am pretty sure the production cost on a 40" roll of film is criminally cheap compared to what they sell it for. :thumb I have done ALOT of research on this and I keep coming up with the cost being shockingly low to make a roll of film.

I bet if we all knew for sure just how much film REALLY cost, there would be a rebellion so big it would rival the American or French revolutions.

Just my :lol

They do make money on each roll for sure. But they have higher costs than most manufacturers. They spend a ton

of money on R&D, equipment, labs, a quality check for every step in the process, software, machines, chemists, etc.

Heck, I bet they have more money in testing equipment than some manufacturers have in production machinery.

and every other film manny doens't have the same steps? :lol so I'm sure you think that 3M is worth their crazy prices because they have the best R&D in the industry? and make the best film out there? :lol You're paying for the name, as with any other product on the market.

I can't say much about 3M. Does 3M even make there own film?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest scottydosnntkno
Llumar is good stuff... But MAN! Talk about EXPENSIVE! I am pretty sure the production cost on a 40" roll of film is criminally cheap compared to what they sell it for. :thumb I have done ALOT of research on this and I keep coming up with the cost being shockingly low to make a roll of film.

I bet if we all knew for sure just how much film REALLY cost, there would be a rebellion so big it would rival the American or French revolutions.

Just my :lol

They do make money on each roll for sure. But they have higher costs than most manufacturers. They spend a ton

of money on R&D, equipment, labs, a quality check for every step in the process, software, machines, chemists, etc.

Heck, I bet they have more money in testing equipment than some manufacturers have in production machinery.

and every other film manny doens't have the same steps? :lol so I'm sure you think that 3M is worth their crazy prices because they have the best R&D in the industry? and make the best film out there? :lol You're paying for the name, as with any other product on the market.

I can't say much about 3M. Does 3M even make there own film?

no :lol

youd be surprised at how many dont.

I think there is only one that makes 100% of their own film

IDK why a company would even try to make 100% of their own product. you know how expensive that would be? just post your plant up in martinsville by CP and send your film there for what you dont want to make. thats the smart thing to do.

Guest scottydosnntkno
youd be surprised at how many dont.

I think there is only one that makes 100% of their own film

IDK why a company would even try to make 100% of their own product. you know how expensive that would be? just post your plant up in martinsville by CP and send your film there for what you dont want to make. thats the smart thing to do.

I think global making all their own stuff is a good thing. as they say, it helps them control everything and to keep the costs down. When you build your product from the ground up, it has to be good. Plus, it actually makes it cheaper because say we get a roll for XXXX, the distributor gets it for ---, the company sells it to the distributor for XX, they buy it for X, and they buy their materials(PET or clear plastic) for 1/2X. Follow that?

Basically, if we have a 10x markup(average?), imagine how cheap the plastics itself is to manufacture, and then you add in all the markups along the way, it could easily save them a large amount of money

Guest scottydosnntkno
3M doesn't make ANY of their own films ?? :lol2

Hard to believe

I thought they were like some of the other major companies and outsource their film making?

I've always been told theres 3 factories that actually make the good quality window film :spit CP, Garware, and another I don't know the name of

Is there really that big of difference in a Llumar film compared to Sun Tek, Solar Gard, or Global?

PRICE!!!!!!!!!!

I wish that was true here in Hawaii.

but seriously, I used Llumar for a couple years and switched to Global. I think Global is a better looking and feeling product that shrinks better and farther. And then the price doesn't hurt. I can buy 3 rolls of Global for the price of 2 Llumar rolls and still have that extra 10 feet per roll....say free roll?

Archived