3M Dusted Crystal Replacement

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marc

What is the trade secret/proprietary trim tool/technique that Sensi Tom and Sensi Mike alluded to for making a reveal?

I'm guessing they have evolved or divine created something that goes beyond an award ruler or yellow Olfa box! Inquiring mines want to know.

Marc

What is the trade secret/proprietary trim tool/technique that Sensi Tom and Sensi Mike alluded to for making a reveal?

I'm guessing they have evolved or divine created something that goes beyond an award ruler or yellow Olfa box! Inquiring mines want to know.

I will send you a few pics of what we use.

Marc

I use basically the same that Tom uses, but with a couple of changes too make it work better.

Cool.

Mike were the CS differences you demonstrated as apparent to naked eye or did the photo attenuate the differences like the "red eye" phenomenon often seen in pictures?

I must say using the blackout behind the tint really had an interesting effect in demonstrating your point.

Funny thing about 3M Dusted Crystal, I got my contractors license in order to bid on a job that specified that film. Didn't get the job but still have the license.

Cool.

Mike were the CS differences you demonstrated as apparent to naked eye or did the photo attenuate the differences like the "red eye" phenomenon often seen in pictures?

I must say using the blackout behind the tint really had an interesting effect in demonstrating your point.

Funny thing about 3M Dusted Crystal, I got my contractors license in order to bid on a job that specified that film. Didn't get the job but still have the license.

No flash was used in the taking of any of the pics, lighting conditions will have an affect on how the two films look next too each other, that's why I took them both ways and I am assuming that is why Tom took his pics facing an outside light source.

Guest CorrectSpec

I applied CS and 3M Dusted Crystal to duplicate what was seen. I applied both samples to 1/8" clear plexi and butt them together. I held the sample up with two differant light sources and then applied black out vinyl to the opposite side. I still think they look as close as two samples of 3M DC could if taken out of different lot numbers. I welcome anyone wanting to check for themselves for additional feedback.

post-35636-0-51941900-1364832601_thumb.jpg

post-35636-0-72981200-1364832614_thumb.jpg

post-35636-0-99354200-1364832626_thumb.jpg

Archived