Sincere thanks for all the support (from all over the world).  Any long term user of CB would take one look at that pic and know that it's not CB or any of the color stable Global/Garware products in the EWF line.  A complete loss of color after 2 years?  Fuhgetaboutit (as we used to say in Brooklyn).

It's a shame that a paperwork/record keeping snafu took on a life of it's own.  For the record, I still have not received a return phone call, a returned email and as of yesterday there is still no sample on the way to us for evaluation.

SK - please, please do not put a piece of that faded film on display in your shop area and label it Classic Black.  Call me as soon as you can so we can get this all worked out.

Thanks,

Howard

SPECIAL NOTE:   POST #87 (2 POSTS DOWN) CONTAINS FALSE AND MISLEADING PICTURES.  THE FILM IN THE PICTURE IS NOT CLASSIC BLACK.  THE AUTHOR OF THE POST HAS BEEN NOTIFIED AND A DEMAND HAS BEEN MADE THAT THE PICTURES BE REMOVED FROM THIS THREAD.  SAMPLES OF THIS FILM HAVE BEEN COLLECTED AND ANALYZED.  THIS IS NOT CLASSIC BLACK WINDOW FILM.

Since Shadeking hasn't been back to the forum since the 21st, and the film has been proven not to be CB, I have taken the liberty of removing the photos that were of mistaken identity from this thread and labeled my edits.

Ric,

I cannot thank you enough for extending that professional courtesy to me.   Hosting this forum is a tremendous responsibility and in addition to all the hard work and long hours, it requires a tremendous amount of discipline, good judgement, discretion and above all, an appreciation for fair play.  I cannot think of anyone more trustworthy to be the custodian of these boards, which are part of the very fabric of our industry.

Shadeking continues to ignore my emails, phone calls and overtures.  We have now invested a lot of of time, effort and money flying samples all over the world.

To all those who have shown their support, you have my sincere gratitude and thanks. 

In life, we all make mistakes.  I make more than my fair share, I can assure you of that.  I think ShadeKing has taught us a lesson in how not to handle yourself when you find yourself in that situation.

Regards,

Howard

Thanks for the kind words Howard. I'm glad you were able to get to the bottom of all this and clear your name so to speak.

I think anyone reading this thread will come away with even more confidence in your products and integrity.

Oh and I hope you got to do some of the flying you mentioned. :lol Cheers.

I started tinting with classic black and is the best thing I did some people just don't believe the kind of Warranty I offer over this film. I do this with confidence ,because I know the people behind this product. Don't even sweat it Howard

Hi Saul,

Sincere thanks for the kind words of support.  Yes - we stand behind you.  2015 will mark 33 years in the business for us and we are in it for the long run.  And standing behind EWF is engineering team Garware Polyester, who understand these products from the molecular level. 

BTW:  I just wrote back to you via email regarding the sticking issue.  The board members here will know more about it then I do, but it involves the anti-fog coating present on some of the glass out there.  I remember seeing a thread on these boards about removing it.  I know that Rain-X makes a product to remove it and Smartie (as usual) had some good tips on removing it from the glass.  When that coating is present, the film will instantly stick no matter how much soap you use.

Regards,

Howard

Thanks so much Ric,

The almost daily FL thunderstorms are starting to settle down.  I am hoping to fly over to visit Ocalastinter and perhaps Rjsi if they have time for lunch in the near future.  I am headed up to Danbury this afternoon and returning on Friday.  Then we begin our preparation for SEMA !

-Howard

Howard, 

The anti fog coating does make it tack sooner than anyone can spray it faster, there is no way around it.  I have not heard of the Ran--x product, but would love to know what it is.  The only thing that I know and has worked for me is cleaning the inside with a solution of Dawn Dish Soap before applying your regular installation solution, Slime, JJ or whatever.  It does help with it not tacking too fast on you.   

I would like to know what that Rain-x method is, another tip/trick for the bag. 

Yes, if you are coming over and schedules align, would love to do lunch.   I will send you an email with my contact info. 

Hi Saul,

Sincere thanks for the kind words of support.  Yes - we stand behind you.  2015 will mark 33 years in the business for us and we are in it for the long run.  And standing behind EWF is engineering team Garware Polyester, who understand these products from the molecular level. 

BTW:  I just wrote back to you via email regarding the sticking issue.  The board members here will know more about it then I do, but it involves the anti-fog coating present on some of the glass out there.  I remember seeing a thread on these boards about removing it.  I know that Rain-X makes a product to remove it and Smartie (as usual) had some good tips on removing it from the glass.  When that coating is present, the film will instantly stick no matter how much soap you use.

Regards,

Howard

Thanks so much Ric,

The almost daily FL thunderstorms are starting to settle down.  I am hoping to fly over to visit Ocalastinter and perhaps Rjsi if they have time for lunch in the near future.  I am headed up to Danbury this afternoon and returning on Friday.  Then we begin our preparation for SEMA !

-Howard

Thank You for the info .