3M rep comes in with new ppf...SCOTCHGARD PRO

PFJ...are you lost?  Shouldn't you be pimping some outdated rewritten article or video on how social media is the new X factor.  :lol

That is funny kccartint. :lol Seems like if you look back at the archives, some of the things I said about social media 3-5 years ago are exactly what has come to pass. If you still think question whether social media is the, as you call it "X factor", I dont even know what to say. Hard to imagine being in business today without being active on at least 1 social platform. It was amazing how many people that joked and made fun of social media 3+ years ago, but now they are very active on several platforms like Facebook and Instagram. Heck, many of them even ask me to like their Facebook pages. I am just glad that some have taken this advice and better educated themselves for the benefit of their businesses.

Regarding the articles and video, they still seem to get lots of reads and watches, so guess someone is seeing value in them. Real easy, if you don't like the, don't look at them. I long since stopped worrying about the haters. It doesn't bother me if people choose to ignore what I said about social media and some of the things I say now. Makes it easier for me to succeed because there is less competition doing it right. :thumb

Dont fool yourself.  You're not important enough to look at archives.  Those videos were nothing more than toilet paper with you talking off the cuff.  Your out of your element but refuse to realize it.

If you were so great at marketing you wouldn't be here talking to us about it.  Instead you're begging for likes for a network where someone is bragging about a turd with a pic, some chick with a selfie while driving and some dbag talking about his dinner.  And these are who you want as your primary clientele?  Social networking is for people that want to waste time.  The same people that have lost touch with the real world and common sense.  I see why you like it so much.  Yet you have to offer a incentive for those likes.  When did business become a high school popularity contest?  Its for banter, nonsense and light hearted conversation and expression.  Only a fool would think its a necessary business asset.  Let me repeat that... Only a FOOL would think that its a necessary business asset.  A smart business will focus on their own web site and keeping current.  I know these things are new to you since you work for others.  You didn't predict or foresee a thing.  Nothing has happened with social media other than people getting more ignorant.  In the meantime those of use that have a clue where working at key words, SEO and clean easy sites that are easy to navigate with good content.  I know that doesn't fit your model but it is WHAT WORKS in the REAL WORLD.  

Some of us have to fend for ourselves and learn and focus on what REALLY WORKS.

Your riding the coat tails of others putting on an act like you're someone you're not when while being  full of %&$#.  Know your limits and own up!  

Don't even think for a minute you can come at me like you have a clue when you have proved your nothing more than a wannabe.

You posed as the Zola man and now interwest.  Lets be real here.  You work at interwest in a tool division.  You're not a marketing professional, or tech so slow your role.  But you want to put your face out there like you're a marketing professional that is in the know.  You know jack %&$#.  What you need to do is KNOW your place.  Don't give advice on matters you have no first hand experience or expertise in.  If the net wasn't so mainstream know one would know who you are.  Consider yourself lucky.    

Funny thing, its easy to speak the truth.  I know mine.  I am a professional ppf, tinter, pdr and ppf installer, photographer and business owner.  I am not going to try and take your job tomorrow.  Why are you trying to take others job?  You know... that guy that is a marketing professional, the guy that is a vidographer and the one with common sense.   :lol

I feel sorry for the people that are taught social media is the new THING.  It is turning out to be the new stupid.  Congratulations on those of you that waste precious time on it.  Go for a walk, eat a sandwich or do something productive.  Hanging out with PJF on facebook is just giving time you will never get back away.

In short,  When you actually have solid content that is not ripped off, haphazardly made up or just boredom taking over.  I may listen.  Until then I will call you out.  I have sat through your spam and nonsense long enough that I am done.  Next time think before you foolishly reply to a light hearted comment.

In closing I will leave a little constructive criticism.  The picture you show for your article is not doing you any favors.  You look confused and half a day past needing to crap. :lol

Well there's nothing like a good old fashion tongue ::err:: key lashing; to keep pace with social media lingo and such. Props, for having the bzzzalls to speak your mind. Some see beyond the façade, others are enamored by the intricate carvings of its surface. :eyetwitch

I'm curious of this film with the stain resistance? All three in my test failed...

Eric,

Nice video and good comparisons! I would tell you to try the following once more and see what you get for results.

Install all of the pieces of film with your solution but try using Distilled Water. Let them sit for a few minutes to set up.

Try the Sharpie test. In your original video you had the Micro Fiber balled up and it would never create enough friction on any of the films to make an impact. Wrap on finger in the Micro Fiber with one layer and then try to remove on all of the films. You will notice the difference with that method and the added friction. When you wetted the Micro Fiber it created less friction and will never work on any film. If you use a black Sharpie you may get a ghost line and if you take Isopropyl Alcohol over all of them you will see it remove from the Pro Series but not the other films.

Also try the Squeegee scuff test on all of the films and then go back over them with the Micro Fiber as indicated above to see what you get. Feel free to be aggressive with the Squeegee as it will mark all films but it will come right off of the Scotchgard Pro Series with the Micro Fiber. Again, these tests show the low surface energy of this film and that does relate to daily applications of stain resistance and scratch resistance.

All of the films will scratch with the Scotchbrite pad but you should notice that the Pro Series will start to go away faster. I would try to do one pass or something like a letter Z to see what type of results you get. If you go up and down in the same motion on all films you will eventually go deep enough that no film will come back from the damage. All of the films shown do have similar properties but you will most likely see that the Pro Series resists the scratches more and that they will go away faster on their own.

I hope this helps and thank you for your posts and feedback!

Thank you,

Todd Bergman

Interwest Distribution

todd@interwestdc.com

303-777-4455

PFJ...are you lost?  Shouldn't you be pimping some outdated rewritten article or video on how social media is the new X factor.  :lol

That is funny kccartint. :lol Seems like if you look back at the archives, some of the things I said about social media 3-5 years ago are exactly what has come to pass. If you still think question whether social media is the, as you call it "X factor", I dont even know what to say. Hard to imagine being in business today without being active on at least 1 social platform. It was amazing how many people that joked and made fun of social media 3+ years ago, but now they are very active on several platforms like Facebook and Instagram. Heck, many of them even ask me to like their Facebook pages. I am just glad that some have taken this advice and better educated themselves for the benefit of their businesses.

Regarding the articles and video, they still seem to get lots of reads and watches, so guess someone is seeing value in them. Real easy, if you don't like the, don't look at them. I long since stopped worrying about the haters. It doesn't bother me if people choose to ignore what I said about social media and some of the things I say now. Makes it easier for me to succeed because there is less competition doing it right. :thumb

Dont fool yourself.  You're not important enough to look at archives.  Those videos were nothing more than toilet paper with you talking off the cuff.  Your out of your element but refuse to realize it.

If you were so great at marketing you wouldn't be here talking to us about it.  Instead you're begging for likes for a network where someone is bragging about a turd with a pic, some chick with a selfie while driving and some dbag talking about his dinner.  And these are who you want as your primary clientele?  Social networking is for people that want to waste time.  The same people that have lost touch with the real world and common sense.  I see why you like it so much.  Yet you have to offer a incentive for those likes.  When did business become a high school popularity contest?  Its for banter, nonsense and light hearted conversation and expression.  Only a fool would think its a necessary business asset.  Let me repeat that... Only a FOOL would think that its a necessary business asset.  A smart business will focus on their own web site and keeping current.  I know these things are new to you since you work for others.  You didn't predict or foresee a thing.  Nothing has happened with social media other than people getting more ignorant.  In the meantime those of use that have a clue where working at key words, SEO and clean easy sites that are easy to navigate with good content.  I know that doesn't fit your model but it is WHAT WORKS in the REAL WORLD.  

Some of us have to fend for ourselves and learn and focus on what REALLY WORKS.

Your riding the coat tails of others putting on an act like you're someone you're not when while being  full of %&$#.  Know your limits and own up!  

Don't even think for a minute you can come at me like you have a clue when you have proved your nothing more than a wannabe.

You posed as the Zola man and now interwest.  Lets be real here.  You work at interwest in a tool division.  You're not a marketing professional, or tech so slow your role.  But you want to put your face out there like you're a marketing professional that is in the know.  You know jack %&$#.  What you need to do is KNOW your place.  Don't give advice on matters you have no first hand experience or expertise in.  If the net wasn't so mainstream know one would know who you are.  Consider yourself lucky.    

Funny thing, its easy to speak the truth.  I know mine.  I am a professional ppf, tinter, pdr and ppf installer, photographer and business owner.  I am not going to try and take your job tomorrow.  Why are you trying to take others job?  You know... that guy that is a marketing professional, the guy that is a vidographer and the one with common sense.   :lol

I feel sorry for the people that are taught social media is the new THING.  It is turning out to be the new stupid.  Congratulations on those of you that waste precious time on it.  Go for a walk, eat a sandwich or do something productive.  Hanging out with PJF on facebook is just giving time you will never get back away.

In short,  When you actually have solid content that is not ripped off, haphazardly made up or just boredom taking over.  I may listen.  Until then I will call you out.  I have sat through your spam and nonsense long enough that I am done.  Next time think before you foolishly reply to a light hearted comment.

In closing I will leave a little constructive criticism.  The picture you show for your article is not doing you any favors.  You look confused and half a day past needing to crap. :lol

I can feel the love in this post.

Ah, I love a good 3M thread, they never fail to deliver.

People just love to hate it don't they?

More the marketing and testing of it from what I have experienced Ultra, than the actual film.

I personally think 3M should be applauded for their licensed installer program if nothing else. This generally ensures their product is only ever represented by experienced and quality installers and prevents a lot of price bashing in the market place of their product. A win/ win for all.

Ah, I love a good 3M thread, they never fail to deliver.

People just love to hate it don't they?

More the marketing and testing of it from what I have experienced Ultra, than the actual film.

I personally think 3M should be applauded for their licensed installer program if nothing else. This generally ensures their product is only ever represented by experienced and quality installers and prevents a lot of price bashing in the market place of their product. A win/ win for all.

As the owner of the 3rd authorized training facility in the country, I'll only say that I ended it for a reason. For the record, Xpel had the first training program, which a good portion of that was adopted by 3M as they were the prevailing film at the time. I remember myself, my partner Mike and Tim of Xpel having many lengthy conversations on better tips and ways to install film.  That being said I welcome any film manufacturer to bring products to the table, just have the foresight to handle any issues responsibly and not try to drop it in the installers lap when there is a film failure. Hand in Hand with that is proper education to the client, meaning education on what the film is designed for, the fact that the film is sacrificial and will not last forever.

I did a bumper on a Viper today with it.  It acts pretty much like Suntek, except the smooth and slick adhesive will show what I call "grab marks" if the film is kinda in position, and is pulled.  Suntek tried it on a batch of film once, and it didn't work out. I got some film from Korea and it had the smooth adhesive, did the same thing.  Maybe I work too fast, but the adhesive on all the other films that isn't crystal clear and smooth, seems to work best and not show "grab marks".  I was concerned about it when i saw the sample, and confirmed it with this install.  I understand they suggest a specific solution, but honestly, if Im using 2 or 3 different films, Im gonna keep the same solution if it works for 2 of them.  And considering how much water I use, Im not buying distilled water for my bottles.  The filter on the faucet has been good enough for 9 years, no need to change that now.  So, Ill probably offer it because customers ask for it, and I have to get something for a few warranty replacements.  The adhesive is pretty strong though, so i guess if you do use the exact solution, and work slower, it may be a great film.  Ill just have to see how it goes.  

I did two black cars on Friday with the new 3m.  Performs very well!  I did notice "grabbing like was stated but still needed to get used to the new solution.  It went down very well with plenty of solution.  Hot and humidity poses challenges to any film.

XPEL still gets my vote. I tried a whole 24" roll of new 3M. Then a customer specifically asked for Xpel Ultimate. I ordered a roll in and could not believe how good it was and wondered why I ever used 3M. The Ventureshield 3M is still a better product IMHO. Sorry Todd (3M), I was soooooo hoping it would be better. Bottom line, it IS better than old 3M, but not better than Xpel Ultimate. The installation mix still is not working for me. I will say it is VERY clear, but tack lines and pull marks are still happening with the Pro and that is a killer on black and dark colors. I have had to recut several hoods because they looked wierd after I installed the film. This cuts into my profit and with the film already costing several hundred dollars, I have to ask myself if it is really worth it or not to offer 3M when I can't get it on and looking good the first time. :dunno

Edited by wetintcars.com