ISIS in Ausie

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Tom,

We don't have too many hand guns, and I can say for sure that we don't want them.

The more guns we have, the more people get killed.

Assault rifles and the such are very hard to get here, so it limits the damage that can be done.

I would be more worried about this situation if we were flooded with guns. We have an army, and a dam good one, so they can have the guns. I will take of the anything I can handle with my bare hands.

An attack here is almost a certainty now. The damage will be limited by the weapons they can get their hands on.

I still can't believe after how many people get killed by guns each day in the US by other US citizens that you don't see that it is guns that are doing the damage.

In Aussie land.. when tempers boil most things are handled with a punch up... People seem to live another day this way. When you have access to guns.. People die.

I can respect both sides of the gun debate because I am not extreme to either side. I definitely believe in the right to bear arms and on the flip-side the right to NOT bear arms if you choose too. I think the old saying holds true though, "When you're holding a hammer, every problem becomes a nail." I feel as though we have more of a decision making problem in this world than we do a gun problem.

It will be a sad day when responsible gun owners are forced to lay them down due to the irresponsible ones who use them in unlawful/non moral ways. Coincidentally, these will be the ones who will carry no matter what the law says. :twocents

Hey Tom,

We don't have too many hand guns, and I can say for sure that we don't want them.

Assault rifles and the such are very hard to get here, so it limits the damage that can be done.

I would be more worried about this situation if we were flooded with guns. We have an army, and a dam good one, so they can have the guns. I will take of the anything I can handle with my bare hands.

An attack here is almost a certainty now. The damage will be limited by the weapons they can get their hands on.

I still can't believe after how many people get killed by guns each day in the US by other US citizens that you don't see that it is guns that are doing the damage.

In Aussie land.. when tempers boil most things are handled with a punch up... People seem to live another day this way. When you have access to guns.. People die.

Take a look at Chicago here in the states.  The police and criminals have them.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people.  If there was a problem with knives used to slay people, does that mean knives should be outlawed?  What about full size trucks vs small cars where the small car drivers are killed in an accident but the full size truck driver lives...should full size trucks be outlawed?  A new fad is using wasp spray, which can kill someone, should that be outlawed?   Where does it end?

You are implying that people with guns will cause crime and death to rise (in which there is NO evidence of this anywhere), but I say the opposite is true.  Hard to win a gun fight with a knife or your bare hands when a thug breaks into your home and points that gun at you.  Weapons are harmless unless they are in the hands of one who intends to do harm.

Good luck with ISIS...they are armed...you aren't.

Eh, I'll add...anyone who disagrees with what I have said is a FOOL.  There is no argument to be had here.  Good and bad people have them, and only the bad use them maliciously.  That isn't an opinion, thats a FACT.

Wow TJ, anyone who disagrees with your point of view is a fool?

America's situation is vastly different to ours in Aus and many other countries. You now have so many guns on the streets and in the hands of so many people that any gun reform legislation introduced now may be futile. Australia being an island nation makes border control to stem the illegal importation a bit easier as well.

People in Aus were up in arms when the Govt introduced gun control legislation and the same arguments as our US counterparts voice were also voiced here. But then again, gun ownership was never a real big deal here with most that owned guns just owning them for recreational use ( a bit of Roo / feral pig / duck shooting on the weekends with your mates) not many owned them mainly with personal protection in mind.

I used to own a SKS semi auto assault rifle, a 22 cal semi auto rifle with scope, a 22 bolt action and scope, a single barrel and a double barrel shotgun. But the only gun I really miss is the old 303 rifle my grandfather carried during WW2 , I only miss that for sentimental reasons.

You can still own guns here, and there are still thriving gun and ammo businesses in Aus, you just need to have a licence to purchase them now. To obtain a licence a police history check is done, you must show that you have a reasonable need to own the gun - a letter from a property owner allowing you to shoot on his property ( usually to control feral animals) or membership of a gun club with a range to shoot at.Most people in Aus don't bother with guns now though. As GTS said, if tempers flair now, punches are thrown and everyone lives to fight another day.

We still get crazies here that get there hands on a gun and cause a problem, but these incidents are now so isolated that they make national news when they happen and everyone sits up and takes notice mainly because he was armed with a gun. At least the cops don't have to worry about all the neighbours running out with their guns " to help out" like used to be the case.

The US has it's own problems, and I definitely know better than to go on a forum and espouse gun control to Yanks though :lol

Deaths in Aus from guns on average 1.06 (2010)

Death in USA from guns on average  10.30 (2011)

Australia must be different, my wife knows a guy who got shot in the head 4 times, discharged himself out of hospital the next day but only after coughing one of the bullets out. He probs got sh***y that he had to wait for surgery.

I believe I am a good person, but, had I been able to readily get a hand gun/assault rifle there is every chance I would be in jail or dead. Now I am older and more calm I would like to get a gun. nothing is stopping me, I can go get a licence and get a rifle.

Also, Isis is hardly a problem here, it's more a case of the fear mongering news and gullible bogans (rednecks)

Hey Tom,

Take a look at Chicago here in the states.  The police and criminals have them.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people.  If there was a problem with knives used to slay people, does that mean knives should be outlawed?  What about full size trucks vs small cars where the small car drivers are killed in an accident but the full size truck driver lives...should full size trucks be outlawed?  A new fad is using wasp spray, which can kill someone, should that be outlawed?   Where does it end?

You are implying that people with guns will cause crime and death to rise (in which there is NO evidence of this anywhere), but I say the opposite is true.  Hard to win a gun fight with a knife or your bare hands when a thug breaks into your home and points that gun at you.  Weapons are harmless unless they are in the hands of one who intends to do harm.

Good luck with ISIS...they are armed...you aren't.

Eh, I'll add...anyone who disagrees with what I have said is a FOOL.  There is no argument to be had here.  Good and bad people have them, and only the bad use them maliciously.  That isn't an opinion, thats a FACT.

People kill people with guns..

My daughter (7 years old) asked me last year.. "Daddy, whey do people want guns?"

I didn't want to say what I really thought, but I just said that people have guns because they want to shot things for fun. She then asked what things..

I told her that some people like to shot animals and hunt animals in the forest so they can shot them..

"But I love animals Daddy"

She just began to cry.

For one to state their opinion and then go on to say that anyone that doesn't agree with it is a fool has to look closer at what they are saying.

You say you carry a gun in fear that someone else has a gun, or that you  want to be ready in case someone breaks into your home with a gun..

Would you still have a gun if you didn't need protection from others that have guns?

We have guns here.. Lots of guns.. But we are very careful about who gets them.

If I go out and buy a gun for protection, there will then be a much higher chance that someone will die.

I know that this is a mute subject when speaking to people that have a culture of guns and gun ownership, I don't want to take away the guns, I am just saying that if gun control was tighter in the US, the less you will need a gun for protection and thousands of innocent US citizens won't be killed each year.

post-35046-0-87305200-1411073444_thumb.j

After this man.. (Who looks like he just surfed some waves at bells beach) massacred 30 people, as a country we decided that enough was enough, and that prompted a huge gun amnesty. Millions of guns were handed in and it began a culture shift. If this man did not have access to the weapons he had, those men, women and children would still be alive. (He said that himself)

IMO the solution to a gun is not a bigger gun. It is no gun at all.

If that is something that the USA could never contemplate, then more Americans will kill Americans each year than any terrorist group could ever kill.

Yours faithfully.. The fool. 

Deaths in Aus from guns on average 1.06 (2010)

Death in USA from guns on average  10.30 (2011)

Australia must be different, my wife knows a guy who got shot in the head 4 times, discharged himself out of hospital the next day but only after coughing one of the bullets out. He probs got sh***y that he had to wait for surgery.

I believe I am a good person, but, had I been able to readily get a hand gun/assault rifle there is every chance I would be in jail or dead. Now I am older and more calm I would like to get a gun. nothing is stopping me, I can go get a licence and get a rifle.

Also, Isis is hardly a problem here, it's more a case of the fear mongering news and gullible bogans (rednecks)

Population AUS 2014: 22.8 million

Population USA 2014 318.7 million

And guns here are bought and sold on the black market, which I do not support...so no wonder the number is higher.

The point I was making is that guns are not dangerous, and only a fool says they are, as they cannot hurt anyone without a trigger being pulled.

Look, I don't care how I come across, nor do I give 2 poops if someone is offended or dislikes what Im saying bc thats not my problem.

Anyone who says the US needs gun reform IS A FOOL!  Anyone who says gun kill people IS A FOOL.  

The guy in the picture is supposed to make me think guns are bad?  Hell no!  The guy in the picture is a bad guy, as it isn't the guns fault that it was used to murder people.  I don't understand why anyone would think that, other than people who use their heads as a hat rack.

If someone chooses not to own guns bc they aren't comfortable with them, then I support that, but for the reason that guns are dangerous and kill people is a bunch of malarky. 

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/knife-killings-on-the-rise-in-australia-as-gun-murders-fall-says-new-criminology-report/story-e6frg6nf-1226581896001?nk=32160ebab3af655bddb2c9f39aa3260e

better buy a gun....

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2974487/posts

should i keep going?

I believe our right to bear arms has kept this country from boots on the ground invasion.

I don't care what the population of any country's army is, they damm sure would be in deep doo if they thought they could get away with taking over this country.

We probably have the largest underground 'armed' population in the world and every person behind the guns here will use them to protect our land.

Archived