ISIS in Ausie

Again I have respect for both sides of the argument, but listen to these and imagine it is your grandmother, mother, sister, daughter or any loved one for that matter. I think these cases speak well for the use of a gun for home/self defense. To be fair I can also link to a bunch of videos that do nothing for the gun argument. In this case I am glad these women had the right to bear arms.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYg09JECu3k

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who is this? This is the Head of state here in Aus.. He was taking his daily surf and run along the beach.. In no fear of being killed, and had no reason to have security.. This is a world that I want to live in.

post-35046-0-35446800-1411219134_thumb.j

I wonder how Mr Obama would go given the same situation.

Kind of sad when your elected leader needs security 24/7. Leader of the free world? How free are you really?

The gun culture can not be changed in the US and part of the reason is that the people that hold power don't want it to change..

They just need to play videos like the one's above and that will create the fear needed.. That poor women in the first video said..

"I don't want to kill this man... I don't want to kill this man."

Well.. She didn't need to. I am glad that he is dead and not her, but I can't help but wonder if they both could have lived another day if she had a baseball bat and not a large shot gun. The question is.. Did he deserve to die. Because we can't forget.. Even good people do bad things from time to time.

Great discussion, it's refreshing to read everyone's opinion without feeling the need to be "politically correct".

Hearing that audio is very heartbreaking and makes my eyes tear up at the thought of my family being in that position.

It's been said that good people make mistakes. Very true but there are consequences. An example I'll give is if I decide to go rock climbing without any gear, it doesn't matter if I'm a good guy or not, it may end very badly.

That may be a poor example but my point is if you're putting yourself in a bad situation then you need to be willing to accept the consequences.

A good guy may be making a bad decision by breaking in but for every one of those there's many others with malicious intentions. Even if there's less than a 1% chance that this person intends to rape or murder my family that's enough to make me not want to chance it. You put yourself in a bad situation then bad things may happen. Anyone breaking into someone's home knows this.

I would rather this person making a bad decision be a statistic than my family.

Hey Tom,

I have the utmost respect for you, and I can in no way argue with what you have just stated. I know that people will now say I told you so, however let me say this 1 last thing...

If those people who did this sick act to your neighbours knew that your wife was armed, they would have likely taken her by surprise if that is what the situation called for. They would have assumed that she had a gun, and they would have came back with a bigger gun...

I don't know if your neighbours had a weapon, but I can only say that if they did then it would have more likely been used against them then use on them.

This is from the very depth of my soul.. If my family was killed by intruders, it would be because the people who killed them, came there to kill them and not to rob them. I would gladly sacrifice my life right this second because I didn't have a gun when it may have saved my life, to see those 7 children in Florida alive and breathing right now. That is the absolute and honest truth.

You may think that I am a pot smoking hippy that preaches peace and love to all, however, I can honestly say that if I was put in a position that someone was intending to harm my family, I would gladly inflict a pain so bad on them that people would not believe that a God of any form exists that would allow me to commit such an act. And I can say that I would do it with my mits, and not by pulling a trigger in a split decision moment.

My opinion is just that, but I would be happy to know that by my sacrifice of choosing to not arm myself just in case, could save a life.. Even at the risk of my own, then It would be a sacrifice well worth it if it resulted in a safer future for your family Tom.

The thing to ask yourself is why those guys were there to commit that act in the first place and to prevent those type of people from committing those acts. When you have a gun.. It just encourages the bad guys to come in with a bigger gun.

The question is.. If they chose your home, would your weapon have been used against you? I think it was your beloved K9's that have prevented a bad thing from going down, and not the gun that nobody knew was there.

Respectfully yours Tom,

Michael.

I do believe my dogs were the deciding factor in the two men leaving the property. I have no way of knowing weather they were themselves armed. I can only assume they weighed the odds of being attacked by 200 pounds of dog and decided it was not worth it. This is exactly what criminals do,they look for a soft, easy target. Once they are met with resistance, it becomes work for them and they move on. I'm certain that if they knew there would be a loaded 45 pointed at them had they entered my home with my wife behind the trigger, they would also move on. Simply hoping for arms to not fall into the hands of thieves, rapists, and other scum, is a dangerous way to go through life. I believe you should learn gun safety, practice using a weapon so you are comfortable with it and understand when pulling a trigger is the only option. People who get their weapon taken and used against them have made the very bad decision to not act soon enough, or have frozen in fear at the wrong time. Long story short. Different strokes for different folks. ... I just got back from the store and I'm heading out for some target practice. :)

Thanks for taking it easy on me guys.. Well.. I guess I am unarmed :D

Once again, I understand that people need guns. And protecting the borders of the US from the wrong people and items coming in would be an impossible job.

If gun laws were tightened and less people died each year as a result, I would be happy to be a statistic if it resulted in more people living.

The answer is not bigger guns, It is less guns in the wrong hands. To do that, you will need to make it much hard for people to access them in the first place.

I guess we have gone way off topic, but thanks for the insight fellas. :thumb

There will likely be an attack here in Aus from ISIS, and if that happens, it will drive a strong divide between the Muslim community and everyone else.. And that is exactly what ISIS wants. Hopefully with heavy weapons being hard to get here, it will limit the damage that will be done. And that was the point I was trying to make in the beginning.

Cheers

Who is this? This is the Head of state here in Aus.. He was taking his daily surf and run along the beach.. In no fear of being killed, and had no reason to have security.. This is a world that I want to live in.

attachicon.gifTony_Abbott.jpg

I wonder how Mr Obama would go given the same situation.

Kind of sad when your elected leader needs security 24/7. Leader of the free world? How free are you really?

The gun culture can not be changed in the US and part of the reason is that the people that hold power don't want it to change..

They just need to play videos like the one's above and that will create the fear needed.. That poor women in the first video said..

"I don't want to kill this man... I don't want to kill this man."

Well.. She didn't need to. I am glad that he is dead and not her, but I can't help but wonder if they both could have lived another day if she had a baseball bat and not a large shot gun. The question is.. Did he deserve to die. Because we can't forget.. Even good people do bad things from time to time.

Did the head of state in pre gun ban have security, or was security dismissed after the gun ban?

I don't want to kill anyone either.  No honest gun owner does, but when threatened, Americans will use deadly force to stop the threat.  What was that woman supposed to do?  Try and beat him with a bad to make him leave?  What if the intruder got ahold of said bat and killed her with it?  Yes, the intruder deserved what he got.  He took the wrong path in career choice that day.  He is the bad one, not the women in the videos.  No one knows the intentions or mental state of anyone breaking into their homes.  The gun was used appropriately in these cases.  Now, the dead guy can no longer break into peoples home and terrorize them.

You can't have it both ways GTS.  "Im glad he is dead and not her..."  It would seem to me you would be ok if the man was beat to death with a bat (which could happen with one blow to the head) as opposed to being killed by a gun.  If thats the case, whats the difference?

Don't worry fellas.

I'm not trying to be funny or make fun of the post but I'm gonna be packin a couple of Olfas an NT cutter and my 6" scrapers tomorrow.

Stuff it I'll even take my 2ft Tajima power scraper.

Long story short.

This guy I'm to tint his windows I find out that he's a Palestinian extremist and even had a billboard put up on the busiest freeway here directed against what's going on a world away. Council or government, I don't know pulled it down after 3 days. it was on the news here apparently.

Wish me luck guys and believe me I'll be out of there as quick as you can can say "Boo" or fight till the end if anything funny starts looking to be happening.

Cheers to all of you guys if I don't make it out

Don't worry fellas.

I'm not trying to be funny or make fun of the post but I'm gonna be packin a couple of Olfas an NT cutter and my 6" scrapers tomorrow.

Stuff it I'll even take my 2ft Tajima power scraper.

Long story short.

This guy I'm to tint his windows I find out that he's a Palestinian extremist and even had a billboard put up on the busiest freeway here directed against what's going on a world away. Council or government, I don't know pulled it down after 3 days. it was on the news here apparently.

Wish me luck guys and believe me I'll be out of there as quick as you can can say "Boo" or fight till the end if anything funny starts looking to be happening.

Cheers to all of you guys if I don't make it out

Some jobs you should just pass up Mitch.

Especially just at the moment.

You using Hanita? Chuck it in a 3M box for a laugh.

Anything dodgy mate, keep your head about yourself (sic) ,jump in the Super Ute and break the standing 1/4 time.

Shouldn't joke, just stay safe brother.

I doubt anything will happen except laying up film.

I'll be right mate!

He apologised to me after that last email I told you about and we sorted it out.

Nah using SG's new Sentinal plus 20 OSW.

I'll let you guys know what I think of it :)

Archived