ISIS in Ausie

:jacked Well, this thread got off topic very quickly.

Don't know how we went from the ISIS presence in Aus to gun control in the US and racial vilification. :chin

Its some kind of sick joke that the people planning the random public beheadings in Aus in the name of ISIS, were born and bred in this country and this is the only 'homeland' they have ever known.

Tom, TJ, Eastwood and anyone else...bring your guns Downunder if you can, it is open season on these sick, disturbed cowards as far as I am concerned.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was my fault for taking the thread into the subject of guns..

My point was that I feel much safer knowing that it will be hard for these sickos to get the kind of weapons that they could do maximum damage with.

I totally understand that the situation in the US is totally different from here, but I don't want or need a gun if the bad guys don't have them. And at some point, the good guys with guns, will do bad things.

Our only defense here is prevention. These guys hide behind a mask, so it is never black and white.. So to speak.

the more readily available guns are the more gun related crimes there are.

Yes criminals will always be able to get their hands on guns one way or another but it is much harder in aus as they have to either steal them or smuggle them in which can be tough our border control is pretty good.

To be honest the whole ISIS thing going on may just be a tactic from the extremists to split the Australian community and incite hatred between religions and races which will be easier for them to convince Australian Muslim extremists to carry out violence on our home soil.

And with that... It is case closed.

The man that just killed his 6 children, was sentenced to 3 years prison in 2003 for shooting his son dead in a hunting accident.

The big question must be as to why they were in the care of a man convicted of killing his child.

People have guns in Australia. They are just much harder to get a hold of, and that is because the gun control laws are tight. Have a guess where most of the guns that arrive in Australia come from..

If guns were far harder to get in the US, then they would start to become far harder to get for the criminals.

My question is this.. Would those 7 children in Florida still be alive if guns were harder to get?

If there is a 1% chance that they would still be alive, then it is totally worth any sacrifice I could ever make.

I was speeding today also TJ.. However if I was to have an accident and and take the life of an innocent person, I would have the rest of my life behind bars to think about how I could have done things differently. As I say, good people can make mistakes. I feel safer knowing that with fewer guns around that I have a better chance of fighting to see another day.

I was going to leave this topic alone but..

I just got off the phone to a good friend who was beaten up today by a group of men from a biker club because he complained about a machine blocking his unit.

I asked him of he was ok..

This guy is a GOOD guy..

TintJunkie.. This is what he said to me word for word..

"If I had a gun, I would have shot all 4 of them. I am so glad that I have had time to calm down. I am heading to the pub and I am going to have a few beers and forget about it." End quote.

The bad guys didn't have a gun, my good friend didn't have a gun. My friend is a little worse for wear, but he is at this very moment laughing about it with friends at his local pub. Everyone lives to see another day.

I really think that this is the point I am trying to get across. I don't want to take your gun from you TJ.. I dream that the day will come when you just simply don't have the need to have it.

All the very best to you.

On a side note... If they try to ban beer here in Aus.. People will get badly hurt :pirate

GTS, I will share a story with you. 2 years ago, the day after Christmas, I was working in Boston ( 45miles from home) and my wife was home alone. Our driveway is 1300 feet off the road and another 1400 feet long. ( you don't just HAPPEN to drive by my home ). Anyway, about 2 pm my dogs go crazy and my wife sees 2 men ( likely non English speaking ) standing in our driveway looking around the property. They walk onto our front porch and my dogs continue to go crazy and begin jumping on the door. ( I have a 100 pound Doberman and a 100 pound Weimarier. ) at that point both men return to their truck and appear to contemplate what they are going to do. Fortunately they decided to leave. My wife took note of the truck make and model as well. I asked all my neighbors if they were expecting anyone who matched the description, hoping they may be lost. .. No one was... 3 days later, a home 1/2 mile away was broken into, the woman was raped, tied in the closet, and found by her 14 year old son. Guess what, it was the same guys. Now, we were very fortunate, actually they were very fortunate, my wife knows how to use a weapon and had it in her hand when they were casing our home. That is a perfect case of having it and not needing it and not having it and wishing you did.

Hey Tom,

I have the utmost respect for you, and I can in no way argue with what you have just stated. I know that people will now say I told you so, however let me say this 1 last thing...

If those people who did this sick act to your neighbours knew that your wife was armed, they would have likely taken her by surprise if that is what the situation called for. They would have assumed that she had a gun, and they would have came back with a bigger gun...

I don't know if your neighbours had a weapon, but I can only say that if they did then it would have more likely been used against them then use on them.

This is from the very depth of my soul.. If my family was killed by intruders, it would be because the people who killed them, came there to kill them and not to rob them. I would gladly sacrifice my life right this second because I didn't have a gun when it may have saved my life, to see those 7 children in Florida alive and breathing right now. That is the absolute and honest truth.

You may think that I am a pot smoking hippy that preaches peace and love to all, however, I can honestly say that if I was put in a position that someone was intending to harm my family, I would gladly inflict a pain so bad on them that people would not believe that a God of any form exists that would allow me to commit such an act. And I can say that I would do it with my mits, and not by pulling a trigger in a split decision moment.

My opinion is just that, but I would be happy to know that by my sacrifice of choosing to not arm myself just in case, could save a life.. Even at the risk of my own, then It would be a sacrifice well worth it if it resulted in a safer future for your family Tom.

The thing to ask yourself is why those guys were there to commit that act in the first place and to prevent those type of people from committing those acts. When you have a gun.. It just encourages the bad guys to come in with a bigger gun.

The question is.. If they chose your home, would your weapon have been used against you? I think it was your beloved K9's that have prevented a bad thing from going down, and not the gun that nobody knew was there.

Respectfully yours Tom,

Michael.

Archived