Don't ya hate it when.......

Nice one Bham. I'm dealing with a similar one, guy had come in with his son about a week back. Son was headed off to college and wanted to tint his car before he left, little two door hyundai. I go over the films and his only option....the 45%. There is some discussion about going darker and I inform him he'd have to go somewhere else if he wanted that. Little more talk about the law and he settles (dad) on the legal. No way pressured him into it, just let him know the possible ramifications of going dark. Showed him our "shop" sedan, a buick century with a tan interior, which makes it look way lighter. They were good to go and he "was happy to know my son will be legal"

Forward to today where I notice this nice little review on google......:facepalm2 :facepalm2

This is a tough one because I honestly believe XXXX & XXXXX run a good service yet lingering dissatisfaction remains while my $200 is gone. On 8/10/2015, we requested a legal tint to 35%. My son picked it up & the next day I see the car in the driveway virtually unchanged from the factory tint. I must assume work was even done because the car is now in Chapel Hill & we didn't have time to confirm the job with a light meter. With the car unavailable, why even contact XXXXXX? My point here is to inform the consumer don't bother with legal tint all around. Every 5 seconds, I see cars on the highway that have the tint we had in mind (apparently not an issue). After more research, my legal concerns only applied to the front windows. You can do anything you want on the rear & back windows. It would have been nice to be more informed or shown % samples of the tint possibilities. Again, nothing done wrong (assuming anything was done at all) but I feel under serviced and the new car joy is tainted.

Wow Eastwood  :blink  

He doesn't know his own law..... thinks the car was factory tinted.... is blatantly telling people to ignore the law and get illegal tint....

AND THEN says nothing done wrong and doesn't even have anything to back up his story.   

I must assume work was even done because the car is now in Chapel Hill & we didn't have time to confirm the job with a light meter.  :wall  REALLY!!  

Some people should forget how to type and use a computer.   :facepalm2 

I've got a nice response typed up....Trying to decide if I should respond or call first.  :chin

See,,, that's a whole other issue.   Do you even respond at all??  Is it worth it?  Will he still even understand??  

You gotta be careful because others will look at how you respond(if you do) and then pass judgment based on that response, not the whole situation.  :nervous