Don't ya hate it when.......

Yep, exactly my thoughts Bhamer. I feel a well worded response could actually turn that bad review into a good thing by setting me apart from all my competition who have no regard for the legal limits. The key I think is not making it to defensive sounding or throwing the customer under the bus in anyway. Potential/future customers could be dissuaded from calling or leaving reviews for fear of being "put on the spot"

Anyone care to proof read my rough draft? I could PM it, may help to have an outsider perspective on it....:dunno

Eastwood, you must respond to reviews like that  or petition to have them removed. Respond exactly in the way that you have in mind. Take the high road even offering online for all to see to sack all your staff and burn your shop to the ground to please the numbnuts.. :flamer

Having said that....there should be a law against a tinter 'tainting a guys new car experience' :bitchslap

Post up your response..should be a good laugh for us mate.

ahh ok, I'll post it. Go easy on me....trying to take the high road and not get personal. Please not this is a rough draft, there are some grammatical tweaks when I know I'll post it.  It's a long one......  :gasp

Hello XXXX,

Here at XXXX XXXXX we strive to offer the highest quality products, installation and customer service so we appreciate any and all feedback from our customers. 

I am sorry to hear you are not satisfied with our services. As the one who personally did the installation I would like to assure you there is indeed window tint on your son's car. You can have him bring it in at any time and I will be glad to meter it. If the car will not be in the area he could always bring it to a state inspection station or a tint shop in his area, they would be equipped to meter it as well. Please note that the glass before installation had a 78% visible light transmittance and when I metered it post-installation it showed 35% VLT. With this film your son is receiving benefits such as glare, heat and UV protection while maintaining a clear unobstructed view in all weather and light conditions.  

I agree, sometimes it can be difficult to envision what the final product may look like, because it will look different on every vehicle. The conditions you are viewing the car in and factors such as glass amount/size and color of interior/dash/paint can also have a dramatic affect on the appearance or darkness as well. This is why there is no simple way to show or demonstrate what the exact result will be on one particular car. We do have samples of our automotive films on our front door, but we know these can leave a little up to the imagination. That's why we always stress that 35% does not provide privacy to ensure we are not misrepresenting the film. 

To address some of the concerns on why customers should consider staying with the 35% state standard:

We are well aware of the laws concerning window film in the State of XXXXXXX. Just as we discuss when every vehicle is dropped off for tinting, we do not exceed the state VLT limit(Visible Light Transmittance), as outlined by the XXDOT, under any circumstances. Please refer to www.XXdot.gov or (---) ----XXXX for the source of our understanding of the legal standard.

We have made it our mission to ensure every vehicle leaves here in compliance with all state laws. If the net VLT of the film and glass on a sedan/coupe were any darker than 35%, the car could not be registered because it will fail yearly safety inspections. There is also the potential to be ticketed by law enforcement, which fines could exceed $290.00 plus the cost of removing and/or replacing the film. In some cases, there could be liability ramifications by causing an unsafe situation with knowingly darkening glass above safety standards. Finally, it will void any window film manufacturer's warranty on replacement, should anything happen to the film.

We feel it would be a disservice to our customers if we did not ensure that their vehicles left here in compliance with all state and manufacturers safety standards. 

I thank you again for your feedback and bringing this topic to light. Please feel free to contact us about metering the glass or any other concerns/questions you may have.

Sincerly,

XXXXX XXXXXX
Owner/Installer
XXXXX XXXXXXX
Edited by Tint Eastwood

I think that is an awesome reply.  :thumb

You didn't attack him or any of his claims personally... but stated the facts. I can't see how any customers, or potential customers, would have issue with anything you wrote. 

ahh ok, I'll post it. Go easy on me....trying to take the high road and not get personal. Please not this is a rough draft, there are some grammatical tweaks when I know I'll post it. It's a long one...... :gasp

Hello XXXX,

Here at XXXX XXXXX we strive to offer the highest quality products, installation and customer service so we appreciate any and all feedback from our customers.

I am sorry to hear you are not satisfied with our services. As the one who personally did the installation I would like to assure you there is indeed window tint on your son's car. You can have him bring it in at any time and I will be glad to meter it. If the car will not be in the area he could always bring it to a state inspection station or a tint shop in his area, they would be equipped to meter it as well. Please note that the glass before installation had a 78% visible light transmittance and when I metered it post-installation it showed 35% VLT. With this film your son is receiving benefits such as glare, heat and UV protection while maintaining a clear unobstructed view in all weather and light conditions.

I agree, sometimes it can be difficult to envision what the final product may look like, because it will look different on every vehicle. The conditions you are viewing the car in and factors such as glass amount/size and color of interior/dash/paint can also have a dramatic affect on the appearance or darkness as well. This is why there is no simple way to show or demonstrate what the exact result will be on one particular car. We do have samples of our automotive films on our front door, but we know these can leave a little up to the imagination. That's why we always stress that 35% does not provide privacy to ensure we are not misrepresenting the film.

To address some of the concerns on why customers should consider staying with the 35% state standard:

We are well aware of the laws concerning window film in the State of XXXXXXX. Just as we discuss when every vehicle is dropped off for tinting, we do not exceed the state VLT limit(Visible Light Transmittance), as outlined by the XXDOT, under any circumstances. Please refer to www.XXdot.gov or (---) ----XXXX for the source of our understanding of the legal standard.

We have made it our mission to ensure every vehicle leaves here in compliance with all state laws. If the net VLT of the film and glass on a sedan/coupe were any darker than 35%, the car could not be registered because it will fail yearly safety inspections. There is also the potential to be ticketed by law enforcement, which fines could exceed $290.00 plus the cost of removing and/or replacing the film. In some cases, there could be liability ramifications by causing an unsafe situation with knowingly darkening glass above safety standards. Finally, it will void any window film manufacturer's warranty on replacement, should anything happen to the film.

We feel it would be a disservice to our customers if we did not ensure that their vehicles left here in compliance with all state and manufacturers safety standards.

I thank you again for your feedback and bringing this topic to light. Please feel free to contact us about metering the glass or any other concerns/questions you may have.

Sincerly,

XXXXX XXXXXX

Owner/Installer

XXXXX XXXXXXX

I'm sold! Now shut up and take my money![emoji13]

Really well done tint.