Reasonable defects following paint protection film installation?

You are completely wrong

Firstly we have never cut on the car Not in our entire history second there are no install flaws on that car

I trust you have taken that up with the client concerned

I am afraid your photo interpret ion skills leave a great deal to be desired

Possible is not the same as actual

If that's the best you have try harder

In 14 years there is not one single documented instance of us cutting on the car

Like I said climb on a plane and check for yourself

Many players including those from Xpel Suntek and 3m have crawled all over our work over the years and never found any flaws in the work in progress

Cheers

Like I said I could be wrong. Also never said anything about cutting on the car...could be a gouge from tucking it in under the light. Either way I am glad you have the confidence and hope it helps to sell the jobs. With that being said, flawless still don't happen.

Well given it was a precut kit and not tucked under the light then you were wrong yet again

The sun shines directly onto vehicles in that position when the shutter is up for inspection

And given it was taken on an employees phone the resolution would tell you nothing

I had an installer and trainer who has been in the industry for 19 years with us for two weeks prior to Christmas he came in not believing it either

He left with a different view on what is achievable especially with these new films

Anyone on here can do likewise it's simply a desire to push the envelope and refusing to believe they are capable of delivering it that holds some installers back

If you don't believe in yourself than it will never be possible.

The more of us that aim for these standards and achieve them the more the industry will grow and the better yield per job everyone can enjoy :)

Cheers

I don't think anyone should get on Dynamics case for trying, the challenge was thrown out there and like he said no one is really going to fly there to accept it so nothing wrong with him attempting it over pics.

I don't think (would hope) there is one installer that wouldn't aim for those standards. You do have to draw the line somewhere if that perfection means unnecessary material and time wastage for not much gain. Sure learn from it for the next install. There are shops that don't get high discounts on material to waste, have high overheads, single or low staff numbers, better eyes, lighting etc. Knowing when to cut your acceptable losses is just as an important part to a successful business, as long as the customer is happy....

I would have to agree Supreme. Customers speak better than we do. When we get going we tend too,,,, well. Anyway.

I would hope that all business strive for perfection. Being able to admit you aren't perfect, yet honorable, is way more important than beating your chest and boasting. Beat and boast too much and you start to sound rather unprofessional :twocents

Edited by Bham

I know I said I wouldn't post again, but I'm down for the drama.   :D

Good posts Supreme and Bham.

To Tango...

1. You don't do flawless installations, definition just incase you need it...without any blemishes or imperfections; perfect.
  2. This means there is not 1 single spec of dirt/dust/lint under not 1 PPF job you or any other installer you have ever done...really?   :lol 
  3. Stop having other people create accounts just to help back you...just suspicious that Slippedup joined today, only applied to this post, and also located in the UK.

:facepalm2   Just sayin...this is now my last post along with not reading any responses.

I used to think a perfect install was out of reach...too many variables that would effect the install I had (I thought)no control over.  One by one, I began taking these out of the mix and results improved.  One of the last problems had been bits of debris under the film.  Last year I got the floor of my shop resurfaced and that pretty much took care of that issue.  Now I was down to just those little triangles you get sometimes where you had fingers that had to be worked down.  I used to think that was an acceptable flaw, I mean come on...you had to have your face laying a certain way on the hood in a certain light to see it so that's acceptable right?   Once you think something is acceptable, you stop trying to solve that issue because you don't see it as a problem anymore.

That not only applies to the installers, but to the kit designers as well.  A well designed pattern will install perfectly without distorting the adhesive, if you don't fight the film, it doesn't fight back. That fact became clear a few months ago when we began installing some of the same patterns Tango2 uses.  If he says that his installs are coming out perfect, he may well be right because ours have stepped up a noticeable notch.  Now there's no way I'm going to say any of my installs are perfect, but the ones we have been putting out lately have been close enough that I stopped looking.

You are completely wrong

Firstly we have never cut on the car Not in our entire history second there are no install flaws on that car

In 14 years there is not one single documented instance of us cutting on the car

Many players including those from Xpel Suntek and 3m have crawled all over our work over the years and never found any flaws in the work in progress

Cheers

Like I said I could be wrong. Also never said anything about cutting on the car...could be a gouge from tucking it in under the light. Either way I am glad you have the confidence and hope it helps to sell the jobs. With that being said, flawless still don't happen.
Well given it was a precut kit and not tucked under the light then you were wrong yet again

The sun shines directly onto vehicles in that position when the shutter is up for inspection

And given it was taken on an employees phone the resolution would tell you nothing

I had an installer and trainer who has been in the industry for 19 years with us for two weeks prior to Christmas he came in not believing it either

He left with a different view on what is achievable especially with these new films

Anyone on here can do likewise it's simply a desire to push the envelope and refusing to believe they are capable of delivering it that holds some installers back

The more of us that aim for these standards and achieve them the more the industry will grow and the better yield per job everyone can enjoy :)

Cheers

I'm coming to your shop on vacation, so I can get some training. Lol

You are completely wrong

Cheers

Cheers

You are completely wrong

Cheers

Cheers