The Tint Shop destroyed by tornado

22 hours ago, no ma'am said:

In the end this is an opportunity to improve... but it's the little things that can be lost. You had a pretty sweet sign collection, ( I thought so ) and did the noid make it? I'd be proud to donate a metal sign for the rebuild! Please keep us up to date. @TNTLady

How right you are!! Yes, I lost 34 years of accumulated mementos but I'm good with that. Kind of cleansing!! All of my signs, which included some mint condition signs, were damaged and a few lost.:sad Yes, the Noid and Mr. Green Jeans made it through the tornado and were found near by where I left them.

Saturday we couldn't start clearing stuff until the rain passed, 4 and a half inches more, but the crane needed to lift the beam couldn't make it due to all the area flooding. We were able to clear a LOT of stuff from the sight and gather up more signs and get everything shuffled over to a storage building. Sunday was spent trying to rest and do some laundry. I've been exhausted!! Today was spent back at the shop site avoiding reporter calls and messages for further interviews, taking pictures for insurance and contractors, walking around and looking for other items, trekking through the woods behind my shop where a portion of my shop stuff went into.  I found a few things along with a helper friend. Then the afternoon was spent meeting with contractors hammering out the details of insurance gobbled gook and working on ideas for improvements for the new building that will go up. Tomorrow will involve walking around looking for missed items that are still underneath walls that will be lifted tomorrow as a contractor comes in to lift the beam and begin the clear the concrete pad of all the steel, metal, wood and CRAP!!

I have insurance for the rebuild and will even be reimbursed for loss of work. I have had a dozen plus offers of buildings to go to rent free but will have to go take a look see at them all and decide where to set up temporarily until my new shop building is ready for me.

I'm excited to be getting a new building to celebrate thirty years in Muskogee! Not gonna lose sleep or cry over things lost. Lives were not lost during the entire tornadic event in town.

Today National Weather Service declared today that an F2 tornado did indeed hit Muskogee, mainly my building, and that we had a total of seven in our area that night alone. The sheet metal from the roof of my shop was found all the way to WalMart, a block away around the new shopping center on the other side of the woods. Crazy stuff!!

Thank you all for all the well wishes and hugs and support. Now if Tint Dude could come up with a tornadic medal to commemorate the survival of a tornado....

1 hour ago, TNTLady said:

Today was spent back at the shop site avoiding reporter calls and messages for further interviews

With the 'news' people so desperate for stories and anything to grab people's attention and clicks... I've often felt that for the most part the people in situations like these do what they can to avoid the calls and stuff...

I guess I was correct??  The last thing I would want to do is talk to the media about it... about anything that would happen to my or my families personal life.

I'm glad things are moving along, and your outlook is one to be admired after such a horrible event. :thumb2

hate to hear about your building, glad your safe! thank goodness for insurance. im an hour south of you, and im guessing it was the same storm that night that came through here with tornado sirens blaring. looks like we are having some more damaging storms rolling in this afternoon, stay safe!

On 6/3/2017 at 5:22 PM, flat rock stan said:

@TNTLady how goes it with you after the storm? 

Wishing you the best♡ anything I can help you with don't hesitate to ask. You are the best!!!!!!

Cheers

Stan

Thank you @flat rock stan! Goes without saying....I'm bored! I have worked all my life and always had plenty of work to do. I don't call all that paperwork and going through my losses work but drudgery. However, now the realization that I am going to have a new clean building to work in after 34 years is sinking in. New improved air system to reduce air contamination!! NEW TOOL BOX WITH TOOLS!!!!:ppdanceAll new tint tools!!! :redturbo:film Loads of new film!!! I'm even going to paid while I cannot work. :blink WOWZERS!! I feel very fortunate that I have very good insurance. I've received almost the full amount insured as of Saturday and picked out my building plans and metal colors. The site has been completely cleared now so next step is for concrete work and plumbing to begin. I've already begun to replace my tools and looking at new ideas for more improvements to make in my work area.

Told my husband, now would be the time to go learn something new from other tinters. Just not sure how to go about that.:blink

Edited by TNTLady

18 minutes ago, TNTLady said:

I feel very fortunate that I have very good insurance.

while you are paying the premiums you sometimes wonder....but when you need it....nothing can replace good insurance.  I found that out myself.... :thumb 

2 minutes ago, TNTLady said:

Sure doesn't  look like much now but in 2-3 months it Will! :jumping

FB_IMG_1496455405211.jpg

:thumb2  Red dot all ready to go! :olfa