AIR 80 Creasing

Guest SumTintGuy

I'm starting to wonder are there any real tinters in this forum. Reading a lot of this stuff is making me think its an amateur site or people that just want to tint on the side. Which is of no help to our industry. "A race to the bottom"

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plenty of professionals here. Just because somebody post with a genuine problem doesn't make this an amateur site. Maybe doing the professional thing and helping is the route to take instead of belittling someone. 

9 hours ago, SumTintGuy said:

I'm starting to wonder are there any real tinters in this forum. Reading a lot of this stuff is making me think its an amateur site or people that just want to tint on the side. Which is of no help to our industry. "A race to the bottom"

Said the dude with only 4yrs experience..... :lol 

On 8/5/2017 at 8:58 PM, SumTintGuy said:

Tint a Model X windshield in 1 piece and then we'll talk. Until then, unless you have some constructive criticism, can it. 

Side note, I finally got his windshield to cooperate. Reverse rolled it from the windshield instead of the peel board, flattened it out with my hands (to the point that it was drying out) after it was placed, hard pressure, clear crush, short strokes from the middle out. Not really much different than my normal routine. I'll do the same thing on the next one and see what happens. 

Guest SumTintGuy

Yeah i heard this forum can have sensitive types sorry. Guess my skin thicker than i thought. I did the x last year. It does take a while but i can be done with crystalline btw.

@SumTintGuy Thanks for the feedback on the forum. I appreciate the perspective of a fresh pair of eyes. We've been running this forum in one form or another nearly 20 years now, but can always learn something new.

Rest assured there are tinters here with all ranges of experience. Some rookies tend to ask a lot of questions at once so it may seem the site is for rookies but that's not the case. Anyway, lot's of people here to make friends with hopefully, though some may just not fit in and if that's the case, no hard feelings.

On 8/5/2017 at 8:58 PM, SumTintGuy said:

6 hours ago, SumTintGuy said:

Yeah i heard this forum can have sensitive types sorry. Guess my skin thicker than i thought. I did the x last year. It does take a while but i can be done with crystalline btw.

....... :chin Just imagine how great this place would be if all the members were more like you. :facepalm 

27 minutes ago, Tint Eastwood said:

....... :chin Just imagine how great this place would be if all the members were more like you. :facepalm 

:spit wonder why such a far advanced specimen would grace the presence of us sensitive amateurs. 

Archived