Credit card processing

Who are you using for credit card processing? I have had first data for about 13 years I they have always sucked but I hate change now I have to update my terminal and they want to charge me  $800 for a terminal I can buy all day for $200-300 on my own, so has  anybody out there bought there own equipment and used it with there currant processing company? or have a reasonable companion they recommend. Thanks in advance  :DD

That's what I use as well, but doing flat, the # of jobs that pay on CC is way less then what you might get with auto... so I'm not sure how it would work in terms of processing fees & such.

If I was running charges every day I might look into something else with lower fees. :dunno

Square here too...absolutely would not go anywhere else.  My first shot at it was First Data and I was screwed out of $2000 when they wanted to hold 30% of the money for 6 months.  Basically said my type of business was "high risk" since most of it was online.  Places like that are so outdated and complicated for no reason.  Square is simple, you charge their card and get your money next day.  Doesn't matter what type of card, same fee and same deposit time.  You can even pay a little more processing and get the money same day.  They will fight chargebacks for you and cover you up to a certain amount monthly as long as your process the card correctly.  Refunds?  Comes directly out of the deposit that day, so doesn't even hit your account.  They are great at fixing bugs and implementing new features.  You can use them on your phone, iPad, or POS stand w/ iPad.  They now have their own POS which does not require an iPad...they wanted to target bigger businesses that felt the whole iPad thing was cheesy.