Core recycling. Anyone found someone that can accept them yet?

I've forever been trying to find an outfit that can recycle the plastic cores we use. Now that I burn up a lot of ppf and tint, the waste is getting out of control. That goes for the liners from ppf as well, since it's 2-3 times as thick as tint liner. Either way it seems that even with a silicone coating, the materials could be remade into something. 

We give many of ours to a guy who runs an amazon business. He uses them to ship items. We also have a guy stop by every once in a while who uses them to make cat trees.

If you put them in a direct sunlight for a week or two they become extremely brittle and can be smashed down in to more manageable pieces.

Are they biodegradable? Does anyone know? Biodegradable plastic usually breaks down like this.

Edited by CustomGlassTinter

Why is that our mannys wont listen to us when we tell them we have a concern about the plastic cores and not being able to recycle them? I hate having to put them in the trash and filling up the landfill with them. I recycle the boxes.

I have at least four or five 40" boxes of end caps that I am going to send back.  I know they will reuse the end caps, but the cores are for sure hard to deal with.  Especially if you don't have access to a dumpster to put them in.  

1 hour ago, TNTLady said:

Why is that our mannys wont listen to us when we tell them we have a concern about the plastic cores and not being able to recycle them? I hate having to put them in the trash and filling up the landfill with them. I recycle the boxes.

Better not let the straw companies read this post :lol