Automotive Window Tinters...would you let this tint job out of your shop? *pics*

So I finally decided to take my old 05' F250 in to get the front windows tinted to match the factory tint on the rear windows.  I looked around, and found a local place that had awesome reviews....400+ google reviews with an average of 4.5 stars. Apparently they specialize in tinting "high end" cars like GTR's, Ferrari's, Porches, etc, etc.....so that's where I took my truck.  Cost me $80 to get my two front windows tinted.  

They told me not to roll down the windows for 24 hours...I'm assuming that was to let the tint dry out. Well, after a couple of days I rolled down the windows...and saw this (see picture).  Where they trimmed along the top of the window looks like crap....my 3yr old could have done a better job. It looks like they just free handed it.  On the left side of the glass where it runs up to the top horizontal part, it's a nice and even 1/16" or so gap between where the tint ends, and the glass is. Then when they got to the radius, the tint goes right up to the edge of the glass...no gap. Then the horizontal part goes up and down....anywhere from 1/8" gap up to almost 1/4" the farther you go right.........maybe I'm just a sucker for details, but to me it looks like crap.

I know it's not a GTR or a Hellcat.....but damn, that's about the easiest part of doing tint....trimming it off the glass.

Should I just forget about it, or take it back and have them scrape the tint off and redo it all?  Both front windows look about the same.

Am I overreacting?

F6xuJwK.jpg

rBnC0qZg.jpg

2 minutes ago, bamh5 said:

Doesn't look they free handed it, it looks like who ever cut it changes the angle of their knife while cutting the top.

So should I go back to the shop and make them fix it, or is that an acceptable tint job that you would expect from a place that also tints Porches, Ferrari's, and other "high end" cars?

I can't image someone with a $100,000+ car that just got their windows tinted would be ok with that.......but maybe I'm wrong.

31 minutes ago, IQRaceworks said:

So should I go back to the shop and make them fix it, or is that an acceptable tint job that you would expect from a place that also tints Porches, Ferrari's, and other "high end" cars?

I can't image someone with a $100,000+ car that just got their windows tinted would be ok with that.......but maybe I'm wrong.

Honestly most people that pay that much on vehicles don't even look at it. If you're not happy just go back. 

Could it be they used a plotter to cut the film? and the glass is just uneven? I do notice some top edges of windows are uneven. Looks like your is slightly uneven to me which might explain it???

I'm undecided lol. It could've been lined up a bit better???

Edited by CaliTINT

2 minutes ago, jh812 said:

Honestly most people that pay that much on vehicles don't even look at it. If you're not happy just go back. 

I know now it’s weird, but he’s right! More often than not, the more expensive the car, the less they care. I can’t tell you how many jobs I’ve been so proud to put out only to have the customer in some exotic, take the keys and drive away w/out even walking around the car.

2 minutes ago, IQRaceworks said:

Still just wondering if that job would be acceptable to someone who owns a tint shop.........anyone?

Not anywhere that I’ve worked, but that doesn’t mean one of the guys there wasn’t having a bad day and decided to let it fly because it’s an older truck. If just go back and politely show them your concern, I’d hope they’d take care of it without any complaints.

Could be plotter cut or hand cut, doesn't really matter, looks like an ill fitting plotter pattern to me. It wouldn't meet my personal standard for my shop but I also don't work that cheap. Wholesale for my entry-level dyed film is still a Jackson over what you paid for a front match. If you're that unhappy with the job take it back and politely voice your concerns and see if they'll work with you.

Edited by highplains