Automotive Window Tinters...would you let this tint job out of your shop? *pics*

I wouldn’t think a fellow installer at a high end shop would have a hand cut edge come out like that. The pattern doesn’t even match the edge of the glass...either way that is horrible. Looks like a bad plotter pattern 

Yeah, they use a plotter to cut the pattern...not hand cut.  The glass itself dips down on top, if it was hand cut then the cut would mirror that dip which it doesn't.  Any older vehicle needs to be hand cut on the top edge.  This is because the things can change over time plus the glass might not be the original glass.  Yes, you need to have them redo it and make sure they are trimming the top edge themselves.

13 hours ago, Super Dave said:

I know now it’s weird, but he’s right! More often than not, the more expensive the car, the less they care. I can’t tell you how many jobs I’ve been so proud to put out only to have the customer in some exotic, take the keys and drive away w/out even walking around the car.

I have found this to be true also. High end exotics customer seem to be pretty happy and cool for the most part. They don't sweat the small stuff as much. I account this to them having bigger things to worry about. Also when you get to a certain level of car you really can't stretch your self to get one. Meaning they didn't put their lively hood on the line to afford it. Now when you get into the mid level stuff like vett's and M3/M5's and the such, watch out, your in for some inspector gadget stuff.:lol

Hmmm if you look really close there are some inconsistencies on the edge that aren’t typical with a plotter. I’m guessing just a bad hand cut. But who knows. Anyways that’s besides the point. Just play it cool and ask the shop if they wouldn’t mind redoing the window. Sometimes tinters like to see what they can get away with.

i would take the truck back to the shop that tinted it and ask if they would redo it.  the cut isnt even close to straight and where it curves, the film looks like it is over the top edge or dangerously close which could lead to a peel problem.  i hand cut at my shop but i wouldnt let that go out if it was mine.

Just make sure you go in there and own up to it that you dont like it....dont go in and be like my wife has a problem with it....you know I dont care but my wife.....I can see right thru that I'm pretty sure other tinters can to