Automotive Window Tinters...would you let this tint job out of your shop? *pics*

6 minutes ago, Ryker said:

This was on a newer Mercedes car.  Bottom ws peeling on driver door.  Top edges were nearly perfect so I would be this was a plotter cut.  Nothing like it being shot on the bottom and filling with paint that didn't sick either. 

20180808_140622.jpg

🤦🏻‍♂️

Omg. Why wouldn’t the installer just redo that. Ugh. 

To the OP. If you’re not happy, go back and tell them. Ask them politely yet assertively to redo it. But don’t tell them your 3 year old kid could do a better job. That type of attitude won’t fly, even though you have a legitimate reason to return. Just my .02. 

Just throwing this out as a possibility as well. I don't tint any more, but when I did, I always double cut windows. IOW, I'd cut both driver and passenger windows on the drivers window. Big possibility that's what occurred here. Are both front wdos OEM glass or has either one of them been replaced? The one that is shown with the bad cut looks like it might be aftermarket glass because most OEM glass would have a nice smooth edge.

20 hours ago, Jkatfelix said:

Just make sure you go in there and own up to it that you dont like it....dont go in and be like my wife has a problem with it....you know I dont care but my wife.....I can see right thru that I'm pretty sure other tinters can to

Always the wife:yawn

Having done too many of those, top cut is lil squiggle sure, the round edge on pillar and the cut on Bottom is more important. That’s were that window fails and starts to peel. Bottom should be below double gasket and honestly 80$ is pretty fair price if it’s clean, no dust no creases. KEEP ur warranty card!! always